Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chronic Newbie

Hey Guys, going against the grain here!

I don't think anyone is a 'chronic' newbie here.

That Makes it sound terminal sort of or like your not trying which is silly. You're here right? That's more than A lot of people with our problem do IMO. I think stopping starting stopping starting is simply how most of us conduct our journey and as long as we never stop trying to stop, no matter how many times we start/stop we're on our own way out...so to speak.

:l:h
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Chronic Newbie

Good Morning guys. I'm up and off to work. I am about 50% less depressed than yesterday but still depressed. I am looking foward to my bundt cake on the way home today. That is my friday treat instead of AL. I hope everyone is doing well today. Day 2 consecutivly and day 7 for the year. I will check in later and be hangin out here tonight.
      ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Chronic Newbie

Hi ODAT,

I had a zillion day 1's and years of on/off drinking. I am one of the ones that would post my AF days for the year, even though they weren't consecutive. That got "mixed" reactions, but I felt like I was making progress. 2012 was finally my first AF free year, and I will continue into 2013. It took a looong time (years, with MANY stops and starts) but I got there, and you CAN too! Keep hannging in there, and never quit quitting. We are here for you!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Chronic Newbie

NoraC;1442012 wrote: Great thread! I am also a chronic newbie. Last September I started putting stickers on my calendar for my AF days. I am happy to say that I am showing so much improvement from where I was a year ago or 5 years ago. I am working on being AF all of 2013. But, I'm trying very hard not to look ahead. I am concentrating on today. Staying AF for today. I like looking at all the happy face stickers on my calendar.
          I just dont think that statement could ever be said enough times, especially to the new members.

I think the key is to just hang in there.....no matter WHAT it takes..........5 seconds longer....then 5 minutes longer............5 hours, that is the ONE thing that will help the most.

That long term thinking: Why cant I drink like normal people? is just toxic, unless you are one of the few people with AL issues that can moderate. I would suggest that "most" people here cant. Its not a character flaw, doesnt make us weak, it is what it is, what I call a wiring problem in the brain.

But in time you can and you will rewire that faulty wiring, try changing the saying ODAT to OMAT (One Moment at a Time) until you can strive for ODAT

Wishing you strength
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Chronic Newbie

5oclock, just got up from my saturday nap. Gonna go get my sons friend who is spending the night. Chicken n dumplings for dinner, and I think I shave a dog n give him a bath. I am working on cganging my day to day habits. For the next seven days I will track my food and walk t miles a day and resist al. No advice needed just posting my plans and looking for interesting reading have a great night all who read! 10/18

Comment

Chronic Newbie

sounds like a good healthy plan odat!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Chronic Newbie

odat1234;1441876 wrote: Today is my third "day 1 this year." I am not proud of it and I know that chronic newbie annoy and frustrate the long timers and the not so long timers. I am trying to get completely sober however it is hard, and I don't get it alot but I am trying. I do not want to mod, but basicly that is what I am doing though not my goal. I just wanted to start this thread as support for those of use who want to be AF but have not "got it" yet. This year I have been AF 6 out of 9 days. That is good for me, it's better that 9 out of 9 days drunk. At one point on these boards there were people who counted days sober in a year, though not consecutive days, they felt those days were hard earned and deserved to be counted and not lost, I feel the same now. I really worked hard at my 6 sober days out of 9.

Anyway if you are a "chronic newbie" feel free to post here. I hope we can support each other with out annoying or derailing anyone else.
                I like this thread. keep going ODAT! I hope you can get to your goal and stay healthy... don't worry about frustrating anyone... you just do what you need to for yourself.... we are behind you!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Chronic Newbie

ODAT: you are not a newbie! You have been here since Feb! you are just a member of MWO like the rest of us trying to get healthier. You are no different than any of us! Maybe some members have had more AF days than others, so what? They are still alcoholics just like us! So, just do the best you can!
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                  A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Chronic Newbie

ODAT, great thread, I'm in ;0) I have a mixture of stop and starting, long times, shirts times AF, good moderating, bingeing etc, all over th place I guess if I didn't struggle I wouldn't be here, I mean I have a good friends who doesn't drink because she doesn't like it and never has but she wouldnt come on this site, we are all here because we know or believe that we find drinking or not drinking!! Difficult.
                    I'm on day 19, haven't set any goals I am on course for a dry January and it's going well because everyone around me is doing it too! But I am making plans to forgoe on through febuary and beyond.
                    Let's all stick together and if we have to have another day 1 we can get through it together.
                    AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                    Day by day

Comment

Chronic Newbie

Great thread
                      Just to wish everyone the best and keep supporting each other daily on this.
                      Lets build consecutive days and it WILL get easier for all of us as we get stronger in keeping AF

K9. , really delighted to see you doing so well , you are very inspiring

Damo in dublin
                      X
                      Still trying !!!
                      AF 25th June2014

Comment

Chronic Newbie

Good morning all! Thanks for the support! I had a fun night with the fam. We watched teddy, it was pretty funny and they enjoyed it, thats what counts! Happy sober sinday all, have a fun one!

Comment

Working...
                        X