Friday Night twitch....YIKES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in....feeling the angst of a lonely Friday night. Declined cocktails at a friends house. Chilling out with my puppy, going to watch movies and have some more water with lemon. Feeling a little anxious and I have a pounding headache. I don't get headaches often, maybe it is just a reaction to my body cleaning itself out of toxins. I am just rambling.........
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Not rambling.....in a good place being here. I am feeling a bit antsy tonight as well. Normally on a Friday night I drop my daughter off at her basketball practice and me and hubby would go have beer and wings....well....not tonight. We drove past where we went, and I looked at the place longingly...missing my beer.

But we didn't stop and will wake up without a headache or any fogginess. I'm thankful for that, and so will you!

You're doing a great job!

Comment

Hey guys, in the same boat lol I started af last weekend and it was fine but this weekend seems harder for some reason. I guess the reality that al kept me isolated is kicking in, and now I'm facing and trying to figure out how to build a social life. And one not based on al at that. Trying to find ways to just knock myself out or atleast not feel like I want to do something but have nothing to do! Any ideas?

Comment

Hey you guys!

Friday night is just another night.......don't make it into a big deal. You are all on a journey to health, happiness & freedom.

Looking for ideas? https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1442487 wrote: Hey you guys!

Friday night is just another night.......
          True dat! Who says it has to be a "reward" night of socialization fueled with booze? Social engineering at it's finest. Don't bite guys and gals. Reward yourself with a good night's sleep and a morning feeling fresh and rejuvenated. This is how a person is prepared and able to truly socialize in any situation.
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Nice Lavande.....you are right. It is just another night. I like the way you think. Decided...I am kind of a homebody, even when I was drinking. Tonight I am giving way to watching the Animal Planet as I love love love dogs. I brushed my dog and we worked on some tricks. All while sober which is nice. Do you have any hobbies? Phin....Bravo! We are all going to wake up feeling amazing tomorrow morning. NO REGRETS!
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown

Comment

No regrets, my friend!

Comment

Headed for a nice hot shower.....and then bed. Good Night All.....Bravo to all of us on another successful AF day.
                ~Author Unknown

Comment

One,
                  You have a Puppy!!

Post a pic sometime if you can would love to see him! Or her?

:l:h
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123....

I am not sure how to post a picture, I will try to figure it out. Her name is Maggie, she is a little black Labrador. I adopted her a year and a half ago, she is the love of my life and one of my biggest inspirations to stay AF.
                    ~Author Unknown

Comment

Oneredshoe;1442447 wrote: Just checking in....feeling the angst of a lonely Friday night. Declined cocktails at a friends house. Chilling out with my puppy, going to watch movies and have some more water with lemon. Feeling a little anxious and I have a pounding headache. I don't get headaches often, maybe it is just a reaction to my body cleaning itself out of toxins. I am just rambling.........
                      Good for you being able to say no to cocktails! :goodjob:
                      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                      X