Happy Sunday...day 4AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Sunday...day 4AF

Today was an unusual Sunday for me as today is one of my most favorite days to drink. I like to cook so I cook up several meals and freeze them for myself but I normally drink when I do it. I did cook and am still cooking but didn't do it under the influence of alcohol. Felt pretty good. I did however feel a strong urge....took my dog for a walk to shake off the stress. I think my pooch is digging a sober Mommy.
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Happy Sunday...day 4AF

Hi Onered - I too, love to have wine or beer when I come home from grocery shopping on Sunday and cook!!! So far, so good!! I take my big dog out EVERY morning and it always feels good. (He paces, and mopes if I don't!! Lol). Stay strong!
    Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Happy Sunday...day 4AF

That is just so great to read One, :goodjob:.

Cooking and drinking used to go hand in hand for me. In my early days I would just run in the kitchen shove something ready made and then run out until it was cooked. Took me a good few weeks to disentangle those thoughts and start proper cooking.

Again, well done you.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy Sunday...day 4AF

Hi oneredshoe

I would almost always have a drink (or two or three or...) when I cooked, and it was really hard in the beginning when I went AF to cook, I even scaled back my cooking for awhile (limited it to really simple quick stuff). Good for you for tackling that so well!

One thing to try is to eat a little something before you start cooking - to address the H in HALT (hungry angry lonely tired), which are the major triggers.
        AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Happy Sunday...day 4AF

Hi One,

Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats on Day 4!! There will always be twinges....hopefully they come further and further apart! I had a hard time yesterday but thankfully didn't cave. Day 13 for me.

Keep it up! You're doing great!!!!

Comment

Happy Sunday...day 4AF

Hi One! 4 days. Keep adding them up. :goodjob:
            Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Happy Sunday...day 4AF

finallydone.....Thanks! My last go around I got a tad cocky and stopped counting my days, this go around I have posted a calendar in my bathroom and mark each day with a big fat AF. Sounds crazy but I LOVE IT.
              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
              ~Author Unknown
              AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Happy Sunday...day 4AF

Oneredshoe;1443475 wrote: Today was an unusual Sunday for me as today is one of my most favorite days to drink. I like to cook so I cook up several meals and freeze them for myself but I normally drink when I do it. I did cook and am still cooking but didn't do it under the influence of alcohol. Felt pretty good. I did however feel a strong urge....took my dog for a walk to shake off the stress. I think my pooch is digging a sober Mommy.
                My three girls love it when I cook. Veggies go flying and they clean up the floor for me. I got my 3rd one as a sobriety gift to myself. She is some much more cuddly than a cold can of beer!
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Happy Sunday...day 4AF

Oneredshoe,

How exciting! Great work keep it up and remeber we are all around to support each other through our struggles

Keep on kicking ass!
                  If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Working...
                  X