Just registered ... my first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking about getting off the juice for the past year or so, but never seemed to feel ready or committed. I have been drinking for almost 30 years ... early on it was infrequent binge drinking, but it has gradually evolved into frequent, heavy drinking. I typically drink 8-10 Bud Lights in a sitting, about 5-6 nights a week. I believe that my drinking is largely driven by work-related stress. My high workload coupled with my tendency to worry is a deadly combination (literally). By the end of each day, I'm usually mentally fried and can't wait to get home for an evening of smokes & beer (I only smoke when I drink). My drinking decreases significantly on the weekends.

I am trying to lose weight and my doctor prescribed Topamax back in December (to reduce food cravings ... didn't tell him about my excessive drinking). I started taking 1-2 pills at night (off and on) for a couple of weeks, but soon quit because it made my beer taste bad and it caused a bad taste in my mouth. I've been losing weight, but not as fast as I'd like. I've had to pretty much quit eating to make up for all the beer calories, so I've decided to go back on the Topomax and to finally get serious about my alcoholism.

While browsing browsing amazon.com yesterday, I ran across the MWO book which led me to this website. Upon first learning about the MWO approach, I was a bit skeptical about the hypnosis and the supplements. However, after reading some of the postings on this forum, I've become a believer and have ordered the book and tapes. Can't wait to get them!

I REALLY want to be successful in this journey, so I'm looking forward to the support of this community. You guys are great!

:welcome: msadventure!

You've come to a fabulous place.
    Keep reading and posting and most of all never give up!

Katie
    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

:welcome: you just found a buttload of friends. its kinda like hitting the lottery! just wait and see :H

Comment

You will not be sorry. I too am a BIG worrier...the drinking made my worries less...to much so, I didn't care about anything....made me depressed and worthless. I was doing nothing. Since finding this site and getting on the supps, I am a new person. The calms forte will help tremendously with the worrying...you will see. Keep coming on here...for the first time in a year I have spent all weekend in my yard. I LOVE gardening. It is my passion and have done nothing in it for a long time. I can hardly move today, I am so sore, but it feels good to have finally done something. You can do this!!! Welcome..

Comment

Welcome MS!!! This is an awesome place and we all understand. I too was skeptical about the CDs and supplements but they work!!! Best to you....
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Msadventure, welcome! and hit us up with any questions...quite a broad spectrum of folks here.

As a guy, I had learned from peers that going home and getting smashed was the right way to deal with a big day...bad programming and for so long it's hard to change, but we will become what we think...and we will get better.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Welcome MS glad you found us all. You won't be sorry! Keep reading and posting there is so much to gain.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Misunderstanding

The hypno CD's are great - but then I am biased I gave birth via self hypnosis so know that the subconscious stuff is really powerful....

Welcome onboard - this ship sails 24hrs a day 7 days a week and there is always someone here to chat to - it has done wonders for me!!

Love S

Comment

Welcome, welcome, welcome. This site saved my life.

Lorna
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I'm new too. I registered about 24 hours ago. Now I feel like I've been here among friends forever. You definitely will find all the love and help you can imagine here. We've all been where you are and are all walkiing with you. Keep posting.
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Hi Msadventure, Great to have you with us - there's always someone here to listen so just jump in morning, noon or night! Word of warning, though - this website can become addictive too
                        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                        Goals:
                        Days 1-7 DONE
                        Days 8-14 DONE
                        Days 15-21 DONE
                        30 days DONE
                        60 days
                        100 days

Comment

Hi & Welcome!

Looks like you're on the right path. You'll find a great group here all working together!
                          Glad you found us!
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi Misadventure. Like you, my drinking is worse through the week. It's like I can find other things to do over the weekend and enjoy one or two drinks, but get me home from work and it's the first thing I want to do - drink and smoke (and I don't smoke any other time either!) I've had heaps of support the few times I've been on this site and it's been really motivating. I've set myself a target today to not drink until Fri night - sort of like a reward - not great I know but just to get through 4 working days without alcohol is going to be a challenge! Maybe you could join me in that. Sheryl

Comment

m, Big Howdy! And welcome! a lot of good people here; all willing to help I started in jan. and still cannot belive all the support I've found here. Really great listeners. Your in a good place to start,
                              Smiles
                              mar

Comment

Working...
                              X