I think this site is the answer to my prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have'nt really got the nack of using this site yet and have only just figured out how to join in on the Drink Tracker, which I think is such a unique idea. Suddenly I don't feel alone and feel excited about facing my battle with alcohol. My first taste of alcohol as a teenager went terribly wrong and I've done a pretty good job of embarrassing myself ever since. I tried a few sessions of AA once but it was'nt for me but I knew (know) I had to get help to beat this terrible hole alcohol has put me in. Life would be great if it was'nt for the messes I get into myself into every time I slide into an alcoholic binge, which are usually resultant of me being on a high about something good in my life rather than through depression! My last fiasco has topped them all and I just could'nt find an answer to a positive change in my life until I found this site on a search engine. I look forward to talking to other participants here, feeling a part of the program and finally succeeding in beating alcohol.:thanks:
    A BushBaby with Attitude

Elizabeth, Welcome!!!! This site has been the answer to my prayers, that is for sure. I look forward to getting to know you, and am so glad you found us. :welcome:
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Dear Lush,

Thanks for the welcome. Its great hearing from someone else participating in this program. Where I come from drinking vasts amounts of alcohol goes hand in hand with the territory so its very important for me to able to chat and relate to other people with alcohol related problems. It makes the battle beatable! I look forward to getting to know you too.
      A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth
        Glad you are here. You will find a lot of great people here to help support you. Best of luck
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Many thanks Beaches,
          This is a journey I am excited about. Nervous of failure and apprehensive ... but nonetheless excited. I only hope its not too late for me!
          A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Oh Elizabeth it is never too late, never. It's normal to be worried we all are and all come here for the support to get through the rough times. You will learn a lot here. Hope you stick around.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Glad you have found us Elizabeth - there is loads of support & knowledge here, it is a great place.
              Welcome !

x

Comment

Elizebeth

You are very welcome and have come to the right place. I too am new and have found such supportive people who I can talk to about my problem in such detail, knowing that they will understand!! it truly is a remarkable place. You will find others able to relate to your experiences.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Love S

Comment

Elizabeth, welcome to a lovely community! it's a clearing-house of info for those that ask questions.....hint! and there's plenty to find poking around the archives. I too did not find comfort or help in AA (although many do) but the resources are here if we are willing to apply them. Read RJ's entire book (something I put off way too long) and once again welcome!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Dear Elizabeth,

Welcome aboard. I'm sure in a couple of weeks you'll look back and you'll say Thanks God!

;-)
                    Paddy
                    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Big welcomes to you, as all have said above this site is truly life altering.

Lorna
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I'm a newbie too. I am looking forward to getting to know you. This is the place where you find love and support - and some laughs along the way. We're all here for each other - 24/7 - always. You included !!!
                        :welcome:
                        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

HI

Welcome Elizabeth!

No, never too late so great to have you with us - and don't be afraid of 'failure' - this journey isn't a straight forward one - its route may go forward and it may go back, it may go round in circles, you may feel lost - but keep your goals in sight and you'll look back and see it as all part of the same journey. "The world you desire can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours." (Ayn Rand) - and we're all here to help you win it!
                          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                          Goals:
                          Days 1-7 DONE
                          Days 8-14 DONE
                          Days 15-21 DONE
                          30 days DONE
                          60 days
                          100 days

Comment

HI

Welcome Elizabeth!

No, never too late so great to have you with us - and don't be afraid of 'failure' - this journey isn't a straight forward one - its route may go forward and it may go back, it may go round in circles, you may feel lost - but keep your goals in sight and you'll look back and see it as all part of the same journey. "The world you desire can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours." (Ayn Rand) - and we're all here to help you win it!
                            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                            Goals:
                            Days 1-7 DONE
                            Days 8-14 DONE
                            Days 15-21 DONE
                            30 days DONE
                            60 days
                            100 days

Comment

Hi & Welcome Elizabeth!

I mentioned this before ~ I'd drink b/c it was Wednesday, I was happy, mad, my bra didn't fit right...you name it. We all drank for different reasons-good or bad.

anyway...

Glad you found us!
                              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X