Back Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Again.

As you know I have not been on here in a while. I keep going back and doing more research with the bottle.
    It is never different, I always end up drinking to excess and swear the next morning that today I am not going to drink. But come 5pm or earlier there I am with my gin and tonic and hand thinking this time will be different.
    I hate my relationship with alcohol. It is truly a love hate relationship.
    Being addicted just plan sucks. I just can't seem to stop the cycle.
    I am sure you have all felt this at some point in your drinking but I really feel like I can?t let go of drinking this time. It is such a part of my life I often wonder what I would do with myself if I did quit drinking.

There has to be more to life than living for a bottle.

Robert rednose :upset::upset::upset:
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Back Again.

Hi Robert!

You most certainly can create a new & better life for yourself without AL.
    Lots of us have!!!

The love hate relationship thing is pretty typical I think. We love drowning our sorrows & basically tuning out. We hate the feeling of imprisonment, the sick & unhealthy chronic hangover, etc.

Do you truly want to rid yourself of this addiction?
    If you do, read the MWO book, go to theTool box, read thru & use some of those ideas to write yourself a good plan. I did this, it worked for me & it can work for you as well

Visit the Newbies Nest for ongoing support. You can do this
    Wishing you the best!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Back Again.

There is a happy healthy world out there. If I can do it so can you. Follow in our footsteps. You'll be glad you did!
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Back Again.

Hi RobertRed!

Don't despair. The cycle CAN be broken. The way you feel about alcohol is the way SO many of us feel too. I could NOT imagine what in the world I would do all night if I wasn't drinking! It has taken a while, but I am now at peace with myself and my little world. You CAN do this too. The first thing you have to do is get rid of the alcohol and commit yourself to a few days sober so that your mind can clear. Is it easy? Hell no! Is it worth it? Hell YES! Please stick close to us and let us help you. NEVER QUIT QUITTING!

xoxoxo
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Back Again.

I agree with what the others have said Robert. Never give up. Stick close to this community, make a plan, and go for it!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Back Again.

I had a love/hate relationship with it for most of my life. Or so I thought. But it was all lies. I thought I loved the buzz, the social aspect, the loss of inhibitions, the fun.

The very things that brought the feelings of guilt, shame & regret when I awoke the next morning.

Ack! Where is the love? There is none. There is only lies.

Comment

Back Again.

Thank you all......
              All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Back Again.

Hang in there Robert! It is an awful addiction but you can beat this thing.

Comment

Back Again.

I am right where you are....and sick to death of it too. I found this site a year ago and last posted last summer and I read this site so often, I still find myself cracking a beer open at 4:00 every single day. I hate living like this. I am so scared to think of myself continuing on this track. I am sure that I won't live long if I do continue like this. I can't stand the hold that alcohol seems to have over me. I do feel so inspired by other posters here that have been able to give it up....I truly hope to be one of them someday.

I wish you luck and hope you are able to beat this addiction that is killing us.

Comment

Back Again.

Welcome back Robert and Texas40..... No time like the present. Check out the toolbox and get prepared to take control of your life again.

Comment

Back Again.

hi rednose,ive wondered where you were,things not going to good huh?i think like K9 said you need a few days to clear your mind,ive been in that drinking hole where it feels impossible to go a day without,but it is possible and yes it does feel better,dont be a stranger stick with us!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X