Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Previous alcohol use slowing weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous alcohol use slowing weight loss?

ATLThrash;1444836 wrote: I used to think that when I stopped drinking that the pounds would roll off-- I mean-- 1000 less calories a day? They would have to right? But it did not happen for me. What I learned at least anecdotally for me is that I think alcohol especially in womens bodies does a real number on our metabolism. I had to completely stop and not drink AT ALL for about 6 months for my metabolism to normalize again. I won't lie-- it was so frustrating. However, in the initial months alcohol free I lost the puffy look that we get while drinking and looked far better so that was a boost-- and I have now lost 50 lbs-- lost that in about 4.5 to 5 months after that initial non-losing spell. So hang in there! I exercised as well but nothing too insane and followed weight watchers. Good luck.
    Almost identical for me......no weight loss for four months then Bam! 7 kg in two weeks!

I was VERY tired those first four months AF so I went with the flow and worked on eating healthily. Suddenly my energy returned, I do light exercise most, but not every day and the body is changing very fast. YAY for me.

Hang in there and STOP drinking is the answer IMO

Comment

Working...
    X