Not sure anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure anymore

Tonight,once again my husband has 6 beers and is about finished with a "big" bottle of wine. He is a functioning drunk in my opinion. He is not abusive...he's just asleep again! We have fought about his drinking for years. He has promised to quit, blah, blah blah. I feel very little for him these days. He actually just asked me what's wrong? Really? There is more to the story, just the surface for now. Uuuuuugggghhhh!,,,,

Not sure anymore

try not to stress lost,i know easier said than done,i know how frustrated you are
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Not sure anymore

Thanks P. I just feel at a loss right now...so many broken promises. I keep the truth about my husband hidden. I throw his bottles away so the kids don't see them (4 and 7). I've thought I could just leave in the past but he has no one and the guilt and anxiety consumes me. He drinks daily from the second he hits the door at 4 until he passes out on the couch. He always starts with 1 or 2 "big" beers and then moves on to a six pack and then wine. What do I do?

Comment

Not sure anymore

You could try giving him access to this site maybe

Comment

Not sure anymore

Hi Lost and Welcome:

Its a very hard place you are in. Please read around here about how the kids are affected by a parent who drinks. Mine certainly was!! You can read my trials a bit over on the 2013 lets do this! thread towards the last posts... Believe me dealing with the what happens to oru children is infinately harder than dealing with seperating from the person drinking unless they get help.

Kuya's suggestion is really a good one.

Sorry to sound blunt. I am just dealing with the aftermath over here.

Stay close. Lots and lots of help and direction here,
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Not sure anymore

When I drank I never drank in front of my little ones although I am sure they could see the effects.

This may sound harsh but he needs to work out who he loves more .... The booze of the family that is what is boils down to.
            If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Working...
            X