Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take extreme measures to reamin booze free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Team, just a quick follow up on my adventures last night. I am on no way writing this to brag so please don?t take it in the wrong way.

When cravings seem to strong there are always steps you can take to ensure you don?t slip! Last night my cravings were terrible for hours on end, phone call after phone call asking me to the pub I was ready to give in.

Instead I locked myself out of my house and slept on my back lawn for the night. It rainined half way through the night and I just laughed, I was wet and cold but I knew I had no physical way to touch booze for the night.

No pub or bottle shop is in walking distance from my house. Although I was cold and wet and I knew I was sober. When the sun came up I felt such peace. I had made it through the night booze free!

Do what you have to do team to remain clean, there are always options.
    My parents had spare keys and drop them off this morning.

You can stay off the booze, get creative, get courage, do outrages things but don?t touch another drop of that evil poison!

Cheers
    Marty
    If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

:H Marty - that's a great story. Locking yourself out of your own home just to get away from the booze :goodjob: and worthy of a chapter in a book.

It aint braggin mate - it just shows what determination you have. You got the courage to do this. Well done.

Comment

That, my man, is the story of a committed quit !

Brag away..... You deserve to

I would wish you courage......but you already have plenty.

Comment

Amazing! Brilliant story Martye and I love and admire the determination to get through the night.

I did something similar but not as uncomfortable as you to get away from pills recently. Went to the arse end of nowhere for a week to get off them.

Dont think I would have considered a night in my garden though :H
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Right on Marty.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Great story !
            Anyway we must use the tools which work out for us !
            Dix
            A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

martye;1446583 wrote: Instead I locked myself out of my house and slept on my back lawn for the night. It rainined half way through the night and I just laughed, I was wet and cold but I knew I had no physical way to touch booze for the night.

You can stay off the booze, get creative, get courage, do outrages things but don?t touch another drop of that evil poison!

Cheers
              Marty
              Very well done Marty, this episode is an inspiration to us all! There will be craves at some point or the other, that is when we need to pull out all tools at our disposal and more.

:goodjob:

Comment

martye;1446583 wrote: Hi Team, just a quick follow up on my adventures last night. I am on no way writing this to brag so please don?t take it in the wrong way.

When cravings seem to strong there are always steps you can take to ensure you don?t slip! Last night my cravings were terrible for hours on end, phone call after phone call asking me to the pub I was ready to give in.

Instead I locked myself out of my house and slept on my back lawn for the night. It rainined half way through the night and I just laughed, I was wet and cold but I knew I had no physical way to touch booze for the night.

No pub or bottle shop is in walking distance from my house. Although I was cold and wet and I knew I was sober. When the sun came up I felt such peace. I had made it through the night booze free!

My parents had spare keys and drop them off this morning.

Cheers
                Marty
                What a brave thing to do. I'm at that point as well. I have no cravings but if they ever come again I will do whatever it takes not to drink. Peace be wit you Marty! :goodjob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhyiqGIJQus[/video]]John Lennon- Give Peace a Chance with Lyrics - YouTube
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Well, I must say, Ive read hundreds of stories on here, but this one has to be the most unique.

While reading it I got some inspiration for a new "gold star" idea....you are the first recipient(Im not exactly sure that your story can ever be topped.........:H)

Well done

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2033340=7335-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Brilliant Marty i know you mentioned doing it yesterday. You will need to write your memoirs after all this ;0)
                    P.s not sure how well it would have worked here in th snowy uk! Lol
                    AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                    Day by day

Comment

Wow, that's all I have to say. Wow.

(And congrats!)
                      AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Working...
                      X