Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share here one or two things you are thankful about !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone ,

I don't know if this thread has already been started but think wont bad to re-start again too.
    Just to train our mind I think we should think of at least one thing that we are thankful about today !
    Repeating yourself and hearing again and again from other it would turn into habit.
    It is called stimulated response theory.

for me,
    1. I am thankful about my health today as it is as per I wish,I feel fit,light and comfortable.
    2.I don't feel any depressed because I am AL free for a couple of months.

So we are here going to make a list of the things that we are thankful about please feel free to post your today's thoughts.Any regrets are not appreciated here.

Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

thankful i have a job(even though im burnt out doing hair) very grateful for my wonderful husband and kids! thankful for simple things that make me happy again(ice cream,sunny days,a new magazine in the mail)
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I am thankful for th health of my beautiful children.
      Today I'm thankful that I didn't drink ;0)
      AF since 2nd Oct 2012
      Day by day

Comment

I'm thankful that I am spending more time with my mother & my aunt. I'm thankful that I ENJOY our time together instead of preferring the al. I'm thankful that I still have the CHANCE to spend time with them.

Okay, I cheated...that's 3.

Well since I already cheated, I may as well throw in another one. I'm thankful that I am finally feeling well. Things don't feel so out of whack.

Comment

I am soooo thankful for deliciously smooth clean sheets and a decent bedtime. g'nite
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

I am thankful that I eventually found my way out,If I hadn't I surly would be dead by now.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm thankful that Iam free to choose happiness.
              I'm thankful that I know this now.

Comment

Two nights in a row of uninterrupted sleep :goodjob: sandman :thanks:
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I am thankful for a good friend who helped me thru withdrawal and I am thankful for the opportunity to rebuild the life that was shattered by me, because I drank alcohol.
                  Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

I am thankful that I am getting to know myself again. With the booze you are never yourself. Without the booze you can do wonderful things and have deep love and friendships!
                    If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

wonderfully said marty,i feel exactly the same
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I am thankful that I was not so drunk last night that I had to crawl down the hallway to my bed. It feels great to walk to bed with a working brain and a clear conscience. And it is delightful to wake up without a hangover. Life without alcohol is beautiful. Every day is a happy birthday party!! :bday1:
                        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

I'm thankful that I am AF today. I'm also thankful for a site that allows me to collaborate with people who understand!

Comment

I am so thankful to be sober, thankful to be able to read a book, watch tv, cook, go to work. I am thankful for my life, since I reclaimed it from al.

Comment

1. I'm thankful Dixon started this thread as it's been quite awhile we've had one here at MWO. Happy to see you Dixon!

2. I'm thankful my eyes are feeling better. My left one has felt like a needle has been stuck in it for quite a while. My Endo Dr. had me way to high on my thyroid meds for my Graves disease & my eyes have been hurting to the point of I couldn't read very well, concentrate either. It causes all kinds of other weird mental crap at times, like anxiety..... Of course I was a bit weird ~ goofy anyway. :H

I've been on this high dose for 3 months & within just a week going down feeling better. Very thankful!..... My eyes don't feel like there's sand in them as much & no needle.

3. So happy to be sober, in recovery from alcoholism ~ addiction, co-dependence... I'm alive & happy most the time..... Wasn't like this before.... It was just terrible, like a repeated nightmare of existence, not living... I love being sober today!!!..... Who me? Yes me!....

My clarity most the time is good. Paws about twice a week (says hubs). My Thyroid also adds to it. But I can stay sober "no matter what, no matter who". Yeah Just for today is all I have to think about.....

Comment

Working...
                              X