Thinking of starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of starting out

I was searching for some help and came across MWO. I have ordered the book and have started researching what I need to know about the program. I recently started seeing a psychologist about depression issues, and she wisely pointed out my depression is not helped by my drinking a liter of wine every night! Duh.....my user name should be Cluetta.
    I start drinking the minute the clock turns to 5 pm and it is time to start cooking. I chose my house with a kitchen that is NOT open to the living room, so that I could sneak wine while cooking. I love wine. I don't love waking up at 3:30 am needing to down a bottle of water, nor do I love feeling yukky until I have had 3 cups of coffee in the morning. I manage to function ok, but with less energy than I'd like, and I do believe it causes depression-not just in thought patterns, but physically. I quit smoking awhile back, and now want to stop drinking so much. How I would love to have 2 glasses of wine and stop! I don't know if that will be possible, though....I don't stop til I have had 5 little bottles. I use the small 4-pack bottles so I can keep up with how much I've had! I know I have alot to learn and really am glad I found this program and forum. looking forward to the changes!

Thinking of starting out

Welcome honey:

I hope you find the support and information on this site as I have. There is a lot of information here, and just keep reading and try out different ways until you find what weeks for you!

Good luck!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Thinking of starting out

wow two new honeys this morning! welcome to you honey! this is a great place to get advice and get control over your drinking,just read around a bit and ask questions if you need,its a really cool place
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thinking of starting out

I would drink like that Honey - life is so much better without wine in my life, terrific advice here, have a look at the Toolbox under Monthly Abstinence
        AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Thinking of starting out

Honey60...yours is a very familiar story!! Please find your way to the Newbie's Nest, it is always listed under New Posts...go to Last Page and you will find the current posts. We have folks in ALL stages of their quit! We just have had Honeysuckle post her Day 1 there! We have lots of success! I suggested that once there, read back a couple of weeks to get to know us...then jump in! Also, in my signature line below, find a link to the Tool Box. There are 100's of tips and coping skills to help you get thru these first challenging days! So glad you found us, you've landed in the best possible place if you are serious about getting this monkey off your back! Welcome!!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thinking of starting out

:welcome: You will find all kinds of support here for you. Life is so much better without alcohol. It's a real sense of freedom that's hard to put into words. I've had my last drunk. My life plan doesn't include alcohol. I'm so glad you joined us!
            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Thinking of starting out

Welcome!

Life is so much better without alcohol! I had a recent slip up and well, I totally regret it, and am using it as a learning experience. I feel like crap, and feel so much better waking without it!

You'll do great! Glad to have you.

Comment

Working...
              X