I'm still here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still here!

Just checking in. I have slipped over the past 20 days twice. 2 Sundays ago I had 1 glass of wine. Last Thursday I attended my wineclub and drank close to a bottle of wine. I have not drank for the other 18 days (which included weekends, and eating out twice!). I feel proud of having dinner out and drinking soda with lemon instead of my usual drinks! We met my cousin's new baby yesterday and lots of offers of wine to which I declined. I'm focusing on the positives of my short journey so far AF.

I still check in here everyday and get so much encouragement and read and feel the compassion here. Some laughs too! So glad to have found you all!!

:thanks:

Deb
    Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

I'm still here!

good for you breezy girl we all know how hard it is and all fall short but we pick our selves up and start again

Comment

I'm still here!

Good going Breezy!
      Now you know how not to drink......keep at it.

I will counsel you to do a straight 30 days or you risk the slips becoming a habit.

When I quit the words of my doctor rang in my ears....."chronic alcoholics often become binge drinkers" and I notice that people who keep slipping keep slipping. The brain LIKES habit.......if you want to be AF make it a habit.

( sorry if this seems harsh but none of us are here for fun.....although plenty can be had along the way)

Courage, my dear, saying NO takes courage.....I wish you truckloads :h

Comment

I'm still here!

hey breezy ive wondered where youve been the past few days,you are doing great keep it up!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm still here!

Breezy I am proud of your successes. For me the disease of alcoholism is a very slippery slope down to a bottomless pit. I'm finding that my friends are enjoying themselves at the coffee shop I have started to invite them to meet me at. I have started a routine get together there for Wednesday "free pie" night. I'm amazed that "free pie" can even get hard core drinking friends to come and join us. Wine tasting is a place I've been but don't want to return to. I did go to Art-Walk where the galleries serve wine and cheese but I carried a bottle of Apple juice with me. Problem solved for me and people seemed genuinely happy that I came.
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

I'm still here!

Merry - hi and thanks for the encouragement!

Kuya - your right about courage. Thank you for being straight forward! I know I'm going to need to be strong to be AF (so foreign!). With all my upcoming social events. I am thinking of changing my social outings to reflect an AF lifestyle. Hard!!!! We are in such a party town!! I'm hopeful that my hubby will be on board.

Polly - Hi! Nice to see you. Thanks!

Hippy - good idea about coffee "dates". I need more of those!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday all!! :h

Deb
            Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Working...
            X