Making today day one AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making today day one AF

Hey Gang. Today I am going to do everything I can to go AF.
    I don't understand why it has been so hard for me to get that first day under my belt but it sure has been hard.
    So here I am telling you all that today I am going to make it.
    I feel like s--t today depression, tired, scared.
    I have to get off of this crazy ride I am on. This is not living, it is surviving.
    I will be checking in often today. 3 pm PST seems to be the time I pour myself that first gin and tonic.
    I am going to take my dogs for a long walk around that time today and see if somehow I can get day one af.
    Honestly it seems impossible as I sit here and type this. But I am going to try to improve my mental attitude and get through the day.

Thanks to this forum and all of you for your continued help and support.

God Help me make it through this day.

I just poured all the alcohol down the sink. Baby steps.

rednose
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Making today day one AF

That's a great plan and first step, Red! Getting rid of the poison is not a baby step, it cements your commitment.

Log onto the Newbie's Nest when you get back from your walk and dump all the reasons you want to drink on us. It really helps to get it out and we're here to support you. The more you read around the site and post your fears and feelings, the more you will learn and the more we can help get through the first few days. On my day 1, I checked into the Nest every hour, so don't be shy. We are here to support you.

Drink lots of water today and eat lots of yummy food. It really does help. Plan on a large dinner tonight.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Making today day one AF

Hi Rednose!

We are here for you! Like Siren said, after your walk, log on and talk to us...we can help you get through this. Make a plan for this evening...take a long shower, eat a good dinner, read a book, watch mindless TV, go to bed early...anything to get through the day. The first few days will be the hardest, but it DOES get easier, I promise.

Stick close to us ok?

:l
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Making today day one AF

Made it one hour..... 23 to go. Thanks for the advise and support... I will be checking in.

Comment

Making today day one AF

Rednose,

Taking the dogs for a walk at your "witching hour" is a good idea.

I have gone to the movies where no alcohol is served. A good movie can really distract you.

I have also picked up some old cartoon books that I have, Larsen, Calvin and Hobbes, etc, and read through them. Somehow, laughing and smiling just makes the whole craving thing take a huge back burner.

Do whatever it takes to get through today.

We are right here cheering you on.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Making today day one AF

When I first quit drinking, I bought the entire series of "I Love Lucy"...my daugther and I would watch for hours and hours....so funny and innocent...they didn't need to drink to have a good time!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Making today day one AF

Just remembered I have a meeting with a client at 1, pm today. Cant get out of it so I am going to suck it up and show up.
              Making myself a pot of homemade chicken soup for dinner tonight so when it is time to eat I won't be wondering around in a fog wondering what to eat.
              I feel like shit. not shaking or anything yet, just feel like I got the flu or something.
              I am going to make it AF today. I can't worry about tomorrow today. I just need to get through today.
              I picked up some melatonin at the health food store along with some stuff for liver detox.

I WILL BE CHECKING IN FOR SURE.

rednose

Comment

Making today day one AF

Here we are Red!!!

:wave::band2::disco::flyingunders::jumpwow:You can do it! I KNOW YOU CAN!!!
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Making today day one AF

That's a good point about the flu. The gurus in the Nest advised me to treat myself as if I had the flu for the first few days of my quit - Lots of fluids, good healthy food, lots of rest, etc. It's time to take extra special care of yourself to get healthy as quickly as possible. When you treat yourself as special and take care of yourself, you'll feel better.

And one day at a time, one hour at a time, whatever you need. That's the right way to do it. Day 1 is the hardest but you can get through it.

Please do stay close.
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Making today day one AF

K9Lover;1449088 wrote: When I first quit drinking, I bought the entire series of "I Love Lucy"...my daugther and I would watch for hours and hours....so funny and innocent...they didn't need to drink to have a good time!
                    Just renewed my neflixs account so I can watch stuff instantly...

Comment

Making today day one AF

Good luck Rednose!:welcome:
                      Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Making today day one AF

K9Lover;1449088 wrote: When I first quit drinking, I bought the entire series of "I Love Lucy"...my daugther and I would watch for hours and hours....so funny and innocent...they didn't need to drink to have a good time!
                        Ha ha... I watched Happy Days a few days ago! Great Sober Fun!
                        I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Making today day one AF

Rooting for ya Red!

You might want to get a pill for sleep, unless you think the Melatonin will work (it never worked for me). I use the stuff called "Sleep Aid" you get at the drugstore.

My uncle lives in Powell Butte BTW. Bet you know him, he has his own business!
                          I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Making today day one AF

Hope the rest of the day passes easily for you, I was in a daze at first, couldn't believe I was doing it but waking up sober and remembering is absolutely the best.

Then comes the freedom, being able to go where you want when you want by car and remember. Find other ways to spoil yourself, there are heaps, you just have overlooked them for a bit. Have a read at the Toolbox too - its brilliant.
                            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Making today day one AF

Today I am going to go AF!!

Hello all you kind souls. Well I have made it to the witching hours. It usually starts around three pm and I am usually passed out on the couch by 8 or 9 pm.
                              I made it through my meeting with my clients and I got to take my two Labs Luna and Wiley for a hike up in the woods. It was all up hill then all down hill.
                              It was nice to see the dogs enjoying themselves. So I made a huge pot of chicken soup for dinner and I am going to eat around 5 and figure out how to stay AF for the rest of the night.
                              My body is craving a drink so much it is hard to believe. It is no wonder I could not get the first day under my belt.
                              My body and mind are tired so I hope to get a good night sleep tonight and wake up with day one under my belt.
                              Exercise is going to help me through this I can see already. Since I have been drinking pretty much no stop for the last two years I have gained about 25 extra pounds that I am dying to get rid of.
                              So one day one hour one minute at a time is going to be my motto for the next few days I am sure.
                              I do have some meds to help me sleep other than melatonin. I have some Valium that I hope helps to take the edge off of withdrawals I am having.

More later,
                              I hope you are all having a good AF night.

rednose.:thanks:

3:42 pm pst

Comment

Working...
                              X