Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I am awake and now it is day 2.and what to do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning to you all.
    I am a bit disappointed in how I feel this morning. I actually am feeling pretty depressed.
    Drinking consumed a bunch of my free time and now I am wondering what I am going to do with all this sober time.
    I am sure I drank out of boredom and being lonely. That has not changed by being one day AF.
    So day 2 actually looks like it is going to be harder than day one as I am faced with the reality that my life is still boring and lonely I just don't have the alcohol to numb out those feelings.
    I did not sleep very well and I am pretty tired and down as I am sure you can tell by my writing this am. I guess I had this unrealistic thinking that I was going to wake up this morning feeling wonderful with butterflies flying out of my butt like some Disney movie.
    But I do have one day AF and today is another day and I just need to keep focused on what I am trying to do here.
    If any of you can relate to my rambling on here I would love to hear from you.

Maybe a cup of coffee will help.

Sorry if it appears that I am whining but I have been known to be a great whiner.

rednose
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Try and find a new hobby, there is a litany of options out there, but if you can find something to busy the mind, it will help out greatly.

I just started photography for the first time, been wanting to dang near all my life.....now I spend countless hours on the net learning about it.

Others do volunteer work to occupy the time, AND it helps out other people as well.

I think the WORST thing you can do, is stay in any current pattern you had. Driving home the same way, getting home at the same time........mix it up......get out of the house. Hell, pull a "K-9" and actually rearrange the whole house.

Thats all I can really suggest, just get out of the old rut
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Anything but drink.depression can happen(it happened to me)but drinking wont make it better.alcohol is a depressant so if your already depressed it will make it worse so you will drink more coz you are depressed.See the vicious circle there?Read a book, watch tv,eat til you burst ,just dont drink.its hard but we have all been there,its worth it .Go back and read,read ,read old posts.good luck
      AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

I was overwhelmed by all the stuff I always wanted to do but couldn't because I was too drunk/hung over/tired to do it. Join a gym, go shopping and buy your SO or mom a special present, read a book, organize your DVDs, etc. Just being productive for a change improved my mood. Throw out all your junk food and go grocery shopping for healthy alternatives. Eating healthy is known for improving your mood. Just smile a lot - it's corny but true. Just smiling, even though you don't feel like it, improves your mood.

Stay strong, Red. Life ain't no Disney movie, but it does get better the more sober days you have under your belt.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Hi Red!
          Welcome to day 2...no, it's not sparkles and fairies...but you DID make it through the first day. None of us woke up on day 2 and were "cured" and felt wonderful...IF ONLY it were that easy!
          I was like you, I drank out of boredom and some lonliness, but mostly because it was just my habit, that's what I did at night, I drank. It ended up making me very reclusive...I pulled in on myself and so I became even more lonely. It's a vicious cycle that can only be broken by removing alcohol from your life. Nobody said it was gonna be easy, but you CAN do it.
          Nelz is right, I rearranged all my furniture, I organized my closets, I spent hours at the library, I went to the movies...I rented movies and books on addiction so I could be educated on it....basically I did whatever it took to not drink. It will NOT stay this hard forever, believe me. Just hang in there. We're here for you!
          :goodjob:
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Yes day two is harder than day one. My body feels like s--t all I can seem to do is go from the bed to the couch.
            I think the withdrawals are setting in. No one said it would be easy or fun now did they.
            I think it is going to take a good week before my body recovers enough that I feel like doing much of anything.Damn I am pissed at myself for letting it go this far.....

Thanks for the support.

rednose

Comment

Just remember how you feel and how you do NOT want to go through this again....get through it this one time and you never have to feel this way again. Treat yourself kindly, rest, eat, plenty of fluids...it will get better.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm still trying to get the images of butterflies flying out of your butt.... Now that is an image! LOL

Try starting a journal on this website. Honeysuckle is doing it. Post all the reasons why you want to stop (or should stop) and all the reasons why you want to (or should) continue to drink.

Also read my thread I posted yesterday about the three minds.

Get into a support group. Make friends here.

Are you single? With kids? Have family and friends? Like to exercise?

I'm right there with Siren on all the things I always wanted to do but never was sober or well enough to do. But I did drink out of boredom at night when I had to do the chores. And weekend nights. I actually have always loved the day better than the night. So I drank the night away.

Make a new YOU! Recharge your life!

I remember K9 saying something about putting soft lights in her kitchen (or did I just think that up?)

Anyway - first thing I did was totally clean my house. Not picked up after years of neglect yet, but at least the floors, bathrooms, kitchen, refrigerator, and my car are CLEAN! YAY!

You live in one of the most beautiful places on earth! With so many different landscapes! Drive the the ocean. Go to the high desert. Go to the mountains. Oregon is awesome! I miss it!

Drive up the coast to the Canadian Border! YOU'RE FREE! And now you have more money in your pocket!
                I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

K9Lover;1449778 wrote: Just remember how you feel and how you do NOT want to go through this again....get through it this one time and you never have to feel this way again. Treat yourself kindly, rest, eat, plenty of fluids...it will get better.
                  Thanks K9.

Comment

What great advice everyone is giving you, Red!!! We all care about you and know exactly how you feel. We have all been there and not one of us wants to go back. It is better on the other side! You have that to look forward to!!
                    Some people do feel physically ill for the first week or so. Some even have flu-like symptoms. Just take care of yourself. Drink plenty of water and herbal teas, use lemon juice in your water (good for the liver). Eat whatever you feel like eating and get plenty of rest. Go to bed really early, if possible. If you feel like getting out of the house, do so. You have been given plenty of suggestions about things to do/try. If you don't even feel like getting out of the house, at least spend as much time as possible on this website. Read, read, read and post, post, post. We are here for you!
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Ahh bless you, rednose.
                      Pretty crap isn't it, but believe me it won't last for ever and this time next week you'll have enough energy to rule the world after tidying your entire house.

But for now and it's probably been mentioned already treat yourself like you've got flu. It's called recovery because we are recovering from a very long and debilitating illness.

Lots of water (with or without lemon), rest when you can, easy reading or easy watchable TV and very light meals.

Oh and have a try at one of these.

How to Take a Detox Bath: 10 steps - wikiHow
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jackie... I like the detox bath!

What Star said about getting outside... I actually think this is VERY important. I rejuvinates. Especially on a sunny day. Soak in that Vitamin D baby!
                        I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

hi rednose,everybody has such good motivational advice for you,but for me the first week of quitting i had no desire or motivation to do anything! i just told my family i was being a lazy bum,theres nothing wrong with just laying around for awhile until you feel a little better
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just want to check in and let you all know I am still AF. Day two has been much harder than day one. My body is going "What the hell is going on here? Where THE HELL IS THE BOOZE??
                            I am in bed and taking it easy on myself. Hoping for a good nights sleep.

Thanks to you all for the support..
                            red

Comment

Hi Rednose
                              I can't offer any advice, but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with what you're doing.
                              I know it's tough, but please hang in there!!
                              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                              X