Starting Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Over

Well, I have been moderating for about 3 months now.

Did well in the beginning but gradually increased to every day and this weekend killed me.

I have decided to dry out again. It shouldn?t be as bad as the first time.

Wish me luck.
    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Starting Over

Here is wishing you luck and my support as well. And it's not starting over...it's continuing a journey with more experience to guide you!
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Starting Over

Wishing you luck x

Comment

Starting Over

Dry is good. Best of luck to you.
        xo
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Starting Over

Hi changemylife,

While you were moderating for the last 3 months, did you feel it hard to stay in control, did you find you were thinking of alcohol most of the time, because as you say, your drinking gradually increased to every day....

Have you thought of trying to abstain... The reason I ask is because for me, moderation is out of the question, no way, couldn't do it... I know I would be thinking of alcohol 24/7...

Its a big step to take, but once taken you will never look back.... No more deciding, when, where, how many, then going over your allotted 2 or 3 glasses and thinking, " what the hell, may as well finish the bottle ".... You honestly feel as if a weight has been lifted from your shoulders..

Give it a try, all the help and support you could ever want, you will find here...

Good luck, Louise xx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Starting Over

Hi changemylife,

I think that this time will be easier because you know that you CAN do it.

All the best xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Starting Over

know dat feelin

know the feeling well change,i thought i could moderate my drinking but no that didnt happen pardon the pun but it was either balls out or nothing!i bought the t-shirt sort of thing it was just a build up to oblivion so most of us have been down the same slippery slope hope things get better for you its like ive posted on a previous thread if at first you dont suceed try and try again your not the first to fall by the weighside and you wont be the last just think positive to abstain(i know its easier said than done) best of luck matey and keep the chin up an keep on goin from mitch o the highlandzzzzzzz
              Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

Starting Over

Well, Day 2 and not as bad the 2nd time around. Trying to keep busy. I think the moderating has helped.
                Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Starting Over

Change, welcome aboard! You sound like you're on the right track, and good on you for recognising that you were going back to the way you were sooner, rather than later.

Doo
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Starting Over

Gonna agree with Irish on this one

I actually thing abastaining is easier than moderation. That shouldn't make sense, but neither does doing something over and over that causes so much grief. Now that I'm AF, I'm so much happier. When I tried to tone it down, I just worked back up to where I didn't want to be. We all have to find what works for us, so I wish you the best for what works for you. But if you havent tried abstaining, you might find you enjoy it a lot more than mods. And as Presiouspinot said, And it's not starting over...it's continuing a journey with more experience to guide you.

Hey Presious, I'm steeling that line.
                    where does this go?

Comment

Starting Over

Morrison, you are on the money with this one. It is easier.

kate

Comment

Starting Over

Hi,
                        I have to agree with Irish and Morrison, abs takes all the worry out of ones day.
                        Lori
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X