Planning to drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning to drink

Hi , looking for some help , really stressed and was planning last night to drink this weekend , have all the signs to be careful for , tired , angry , really struggling .
    Trying to take guitaristas advice by thinking it through if i drink tonight but my al brain is winning. Have a big race on sunday and i know i ll fuck it up if i drink tonight because then i will drink tomorrow and not right for sunday :-(( , sorry , just needed to get this off my chest , working long hrs lately and feeling stressed , i will try get through tonight and make a plan , tks for listening ..... I really appreciate this site and everyone on it ..... Off to work now and will hopefully get through the next few days af ...... Damo xxxx
    Still trying !!!
    AF 25th June2014

Planning to drink

You will make it! Else I will hunt you down and kick your arse
    If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Planning to drink

Hi there Damo! What else usually calms you when you're stressed out? Imagine that all the alcohol is gone and you can't rely on that. What other tools work for you? Here are some that work for me:

Deep breathing exercises
      meditation
      a long bath
      a long goofy chat with my best friend
      going for a long walk
      playing with kids
      stretching my muscles
      a hot cup of tea and a good book

When you're tired your alcoholic brain takes advantage. Can you get out of the house tonight and go someplace they don't sell it? Like to the cinema, or a museum, or the library?

I encourage you to go to the toolbox - you will find lots of ideas there. You don't want to eff up your race on Sunday for a moment of weakness tonight. Be strong - you can do this.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Planning to drink

Hi Damo you already know that Al will not help with the stress , not in the long run anyway and drinking will only make you feel like shit all the guilt will come back too .
        I seen a post here one time, i think it was from Oney , that never ever let a drinking thought start for one second, when it does put it right out of your mind, when it starts , it will grow/snowball then be harder to stop.
        This was true for me , it's hard to put out of your mind but it worked for me, you did the right thing by coming here and posting about it, helps to be accountable .
        You already know that you can do this ODAT . MM
        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Planning to drink

How you doing Damo?

Hang in there mate. It's all an illusion that we need booze to relax. Try keeping yourself busy and distracted and let time take care of the drinking thoughts. Shake up your taste buds with a snack. We don't need it. It's a lie and a myth. Break through brother, break through.

Do whatever you have to to keep yourself on your true path. We must protect our precious sobriety with all we've got, especially in the early days. Stick with it mate.

G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Planning to drink

Hi Damo!

Good job in coming here to post, that was a great step in the right direction! Like Siren said, stay busy, busy, busy...go to places where alcohol is simply not an option. Eat a HUGE delicious meal, read a good book. Do whatever it takes. You CAN get through this. A thought is just a thought, you don't have to act on it. Stick close to us ok?

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Planning to drink

Yes, I think a big yummy dinner is in order! Who wants to drink after all those delicious fulfilling calories?!
              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Planning to drink

Change course immediately....that's what I tell/told myself when I saw myself going down the 'Happy Path'. Dig your heels in and don't give in the the Bastard no matter what and no matter who! The only way to kill it is to starve it!! Nothing is worth another Day 1! This will pass in a little while...go eat something you love...find a great cookie, set your mind on another task! Please check in and let us know you are ok!!! Sending you strength!! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Planning to drink

Damo, me darling.

I was going to try a bit of emotional blackmail like .........please don't because it would make me really sad.
                  But you're a grown man and I know by now you'll have thought this through and decided against it.

Bright eyed and bushy tailed for running tomorrow or I'll want to know why.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Planning to drink

Hi damo180,

I to am having those thoughts & they have been growing. Mine are coming from anger, tired, lonely, hungry & my biggie of them all is fear..... I'm not managing my time well these days..... I only have a 5-10 minutes to barely read, then must run.....

The biggest thing that works for me is being 100% honest with myself about my alcoholism. I can always drink tom, but I won't!!!... I hated the word forever!.... I'm a whole lot more then an alkie too. I'm great. Not in vein way. Thanks FD. Acceptance, back to the basics & self honesty! It's the foundation to build on!.. It's the only thing I have to get right, just for today.

If I don't drink today, I've been a wonderful success. Most the time now, with a few 24 hrs under my belt I don't have these thoughts & cravings, but I accept them as natural pathway to peace, better health & over all happiness. I don't have to act on my thoughts & cravings when I do have them. But I do have to take action. I have to do the next right thing. Just talking to another person who gets it, along with eating, a little exercise, releases it out my head... Along with stabilizing my blood sugar, releasing some good endorphins & taking out my anger, stress, fear elsewhere.

In a nutshell I know that if I drank I'd wake up the dragon ~ beast! The occasional thoughts & cravings I have now are nothing compared to what would happen if I put ethanol ~ poison back into my body!!!.. Believe me I've tested the theory 100's of times & so have others.

Tell those fecking thoughts & cravings to shut the feck up!... Tomorrow you will say yeah me & even if you don't get the gold medal at your marathon ~ race. Believe me you will have won the race damo180. You can & you will not drink today!!! Those AF days add up fast, as time is flying.

You did the next right thing by coming here & posting just like all of us have! :l

Yee Haw. I feel so much better now!!! I didn't even run or eat a Kit Kat bar.

Have great day MWOER' S :h

Comment

Planning to drink

Hi Damon, how is it going? Hope your staying strong, my thoughts would be don't drink now so you do well in the race and then u can review your feelings after the race, by which point you will have all the natural endorphins racing round your body ;0)
                      AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                      Day by day

Comment

Planning to drink

Hiya Damo,

Just in from work and seen your post. Sorry that you are struggling x
                        Wish i could say something meaningful to help but me head's a tad fried.
                        Would like to wish you strength to get through tonight. Let us now how you are doing xo

Comment

Planning to drink

Thank you all so much for your caring words , I got through today and i WILL get through tomorrow , everyone here is amazing , it is so helpful , i really have to do this day by day, enjoy your weekend all xx
                          Still trying !!!
                          AF 25th June2014

Comment

Planning to drink

sweetpea29;1450564 wrote: Hiya Damo,

Just in from work and seen your post. Sorry that you are struggling x
                            Wish i could say something meaningful to help but me head's a tad fried.
                            Would like to wish you strength to get through tonight. Let us now how you are doing xo
                            sweetpea - wishing you strength tonight too. we are with you!!
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Planning to drink

Ah Damo thats brilliant. Good man yerself
                              We all just hafta take it a day at a time.

Off to snoozeland now, good luck for your race Sunday xo

Comment

Working...
                              X