Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning. The start of day three...

Good Morning to you all.
    Well 2 days under my belt and the beginning of day three is here.
    I was thinking oh no it is Friday and I always like to drink on Friday because it is the beginning of the weekend.
    Well that is a load of crap. I liked to drink everyday. Monday through Sunday...
    I wish I could tell you all I am feeling like a new man but the truth is I feel like I have been run over by a truck.
    I got a bit of sleep last night which is pretty amazing because all I did yesterday was lay around feeling like s--t.
    I have often heard through some AA people that this to shall pass. I sure hope I start to feel a bit better by the end of the weekend.
    I feel like I am in a fog with no idea which way I am headed to be honest. I am just
    not going to drink today.

Not much positive to say except I have 2 days AF. And I will take that and pat myself on the back.
    I really don't have any friends other than the people on here that don't drink so it is a bit hard going it alone. No wife, no children just to wonderful Dogs. They loved me if I was drunk off of my butt or stone cold sober.

rednose.

Hi All, I actually made myself take a shower and get out of the house and do something productive. I know it is just another two days but weekend are tough. I might try to
    wear myself out walking the dogs... anything but that first drink.

rednose
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Hi Red! Congrats on making it to Day 3. Put yourself on the Newbies Nest roll call. Every day being AF is a reason to pat yourself on the back.

Your dogs love you regardless - that's what dogs do. Being AF now, maybe you can show them appreciation by taking them places and going for more walks with them.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

hiya red,im glad youre on day 3,just keep going it was rough for me probly the first 5 days then i felt a little better,just take it easy o.k,you have us cheering you on
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Red!
        Congrats on getting to day 3...stick with it, it WILL get easier. The weekend is not a reason to drink, it's just 2 ordinary days, like any other. The first weekend will be the hardest, but then each one will get easier.
        Do you have plans for today? Maybe take your two wonderful dogs for a walk?
        Keep us posted ok?
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

As K9 said, it's just another day! Go see a movie tonight! Why not?!

What about some group you can get involved with?

There are so many things I've always wanted to do, but was either drunk or hung over to do!

I want to volunteer! Get more involved in our Church! There are endless things I can get involved with... so can you! And you can meet people!

What about an AA group or other recovery group?

Do you have neighbors? Why don't you make friends with a neighbor?
          I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Thanks for all your support. I really appreciate it....
            All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

You are rockin it Red.

Push through to the other side friend.

Keep it going. You are on your true path. A path of self respect, self care, self love, clarity, pride, and freedom.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
              X