I screwed up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I screwed up....

Pauly, that IS a good analogy!!! I may have to steal that one myself!!! Great going on your journey!!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

I screwed up....

kuya;1451044 wrote: One..... The last time you checked in here was the 17th it is now ten days later.

I actually looked into the stats and it is the people who post frequently and log on here when they are feeling vulnerable that succeed. JOINING a forum is not sufficient, you have to utilise it.

My stats indicate that people who post less than once daily do not succeed. Check this out for yourself by looking at the profiles of newer folk ( AND seniors) who are staying sober and then compare it to your own.

To learn anything new in life you have to be committed to do what it takes.

I used to drink from around 7pm till 11pm EVERY day.... For 23 years I was deeply committed to becoming an alcoholic.

I now spend about 2 hours per day here......and am happy to do so, I am saving my life.
      Post and visit as much as possible. I find by doing this I am accountable not only to myself, family and friends but also to my new internet community of friends. I feel there are a lot of people on this site that want me to stay sober, that are counting on my to remain sober so they know they can do it as well! I feel encouraged by this and I don?t want to let anyone done especially myself.

Having the community support behind you has helped me a lot in my quit attempt!
      If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

I screwed up....

There's no question about it; Kuya's right on the money. When I slip I almost consciously decide not to come here. But if I force myself I can usually get through whatever upsetness I'm going through.

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I screwed up....

I am so sorry about your slip Red, but they are right, just jump right back on the wagon and post post post!

Kuya I am going to take your advice and post post post, I read here everyday several time through out the day to see how everyone is but i dont post because I dont feel i have much to say, however it does not always need to be about me, I can post to support others.

Pauly get visual! Thanks!
          ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

I screwed up....

odat1234;1451214 wrote: I am so sorry about your slip Red, but they are right, just jump right back on the wagon and post post post!

Kuya I am going to take your advice and post post post, I read here everyday several time through out the day to see how everyone is but i dont post because I dont feel i have much to say, however it does not always need to be about me, I can post to support others.

Pauly get visual! Thanks!
            ODAT..... Don't feel like you have to be profound, often I am just saying hi to new folks. No matter how little sober time you have you have more than they do. They are probably terrified at being here, admitting they have a problem and just finding their way around the site.

I was overwhelmed at first, didn't know how to navigate, no one answered my post for two hours and I just felt like giving up. Your one post saying :welcome: could save someone's life.......and while you are saving them you are saving yourself !

And jump into threads, no one minds. Just saying hi and I went shopping and bought shoes, or I feel like crap today is fine. It is living sober you have to learn. Shoe shopping sober without a hangover IS a new experience ! Share it.

Comment

Working...
            X