News Flash !!! Trying to talk to your ex is a trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case you already did not know this. Trying to talk to your ex is a huge trigger.

rednose
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

gotta be one of the most aggravating things in life! ignore it
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

rednose;1451012 wrote: Just in case you already did not know this. Trying to talk to your ex is a huge trigger.

rednose
      You ok?

Comment

LOL Rednose, in the early days nearly EVERYTHING is a trigger! :H:H

One time I wanted to cave cos frogs were keeping me awake with their mating calls! :H:H

I can picture the thread title " SHAGGING FROGS TRIGGERED RELAPSE !"

Early on the alcoholic brain will find ANY reason to drink. It is hard when our loved ones piss us off, but they always will from time to time.

Comment

Thanks all.

So I am in to day four and all I really feel like doing is laying on the couch and watching tv or getting into my bed to sleep.
          Will this go away? I am looking for motivation to get up and go do something good for me but just don't have the energy.
          I am taking an anti depressant but it seems to to pretty much of nothing.
          Is the above behavior normal for my time AF? I just want a life again....

rednose.

Comment

Patience Red.

It is completely normal to be exhausted for days, I had low energy for ages. I have recovered and feel alive again.

Comment

Your body has been poisoned for years. The brain and body need sleep! Feeling sleepy is a good sign as it means you quitting is working! Your body thinks of thank god, let’s get rested and repair all the damage you have done to me!

In my first week I dropped and smashed a plate, not a special plate just a crap plate worth .50c that was a trigger to drink! Everything in the early days is a trigger.

I find some triggers are stronger than others and it is good to take note of these so you can prepare.
              Take an extreme trigger, a very extreme one. Your mum and dad die in a car crash; you are upset so you drink to “numb” the pain then you wake up in the morning and you relise they are both still dead. Drinking does not change reality
              If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

I had flu like symptoms my first couple weeks...achy and exhausted. It is a small price to pay when you come out the other side....get yourself to Day 13, and something will click in your head that this really IS something you can do. And you'll feel like doing it! I'm so happy for your AF days! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Not being able to sleep was my big trigger but like they say everything makes us want a drink, get yourself a yummy snack and a good book or movie and veg out. Your brain will shut up pretty soon. I'm sure of it! Try and have a relaxing night. Tomorrow is a new day! :l
                  ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

I'm thinking its either the stars or something in the water, 3 of us dealing with this type of thing tonight lol. Feeling better?

Comment

Red, what supplements are you taking? I started on Super B complex and Co Q10 and feel like I can do anything I want. But then again when I'm sober I always did have a pretty good amount of energy.
                      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Day 5 begins....

I had a rough night but I did not drink over it. So today is a new day.
                        I did not sllep much so I think there will be a bunch of napping today.

Thank you all for your support last night.

rednose

Comment

Working...
                        X