I am about to blow a gasket!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A GREAT BIG GIANT THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.....
    I have had a very sincere heart to heart with my hubby today....will see how it goes. As far as me I am going to take Byrdlady's advice and secure my own oxygen mask first. And yes I am going to be selfish about my sobriety. All of you have caused me to do a ton of soul searching lately, I have focused so much on the things that I have hated about myself that I had lost touch with the things I love about myself. I love my sober self and am NOT going down the dark path again! Thanks again to all of you for all of the solid advice and support. In a weird way I guess in some sick twisted sense of sober humor I can even laugh about the DooDoo comment. : ). Love Ya DooDoo
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

That's the way One.....take it as an omen......when you are feeling low and life throws you Doodoo .......laugh and move on! :H

Comment

Kuya, wish there were a 'Like' button!! XO, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

kuya;1452317 wrote: That's the way One.....take it as an omen......when you are feeling low and life throws you Doodoo .......laugh and move on! :H
          :H:H:H

DooDoo leaves me speechless...no let me rephrase, I have A LOT to say about it but I choose not to...there's really no point! :toasted:
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I reported it...It was rude, disruptive and childish. B
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

I have not seen posts like Doo-Doo's until today. They are rude but given the language and spelling, s/he appears to be drunk. I know that is not an excuse but it is a reason. Once we know what is going on, we can ignore them. (But it would be nice if she could be blocked).

Comment

NoSugar, no question she is drunk when she does those posts...it is very sad.
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

She ONLY seems to come here when she is drunk, and her posts are usually very rude, offensive and demeaning to the person posting. Let's just ignore.... :bin:
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello One, I'm very new to this site and sobriety in general. I apologize for not writing sooner, I read this thread when it began and the crappy comment on the heels of your (clearly) sincere need for support and I honestly didn't know what to say. I love what Kuya said, 'when life throws DooDoo...laugh and move on.' I'm glad you were able to do so. I was actually quite disturbed on your behalf and should have sent some kindness sooner. I was just taken aback, which I'm sure was the intention. It caused me to pause for a moment and wonder if this was a common occurrence on this forum, cuz if I wanna be called an asshole I will have some drinks and look in the mirror! Honestly, it's the only nasty comment I've seen and I'm sorry it was directed at you. But sadly, life and people aren't always kind and we have to learn to deal with this too.

I think it takes INCREDIBLE strength and determination to do this with someone else drinking in your home, particularly your intimate partner. It's great that you immediately came here, vented and asked for help. What a wonderful tool we have in this site as it's available 24/7. In closing, I just wanted to send you some love and support and encourage you to keep on climbin'! All the best...
                    "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Hi One

It is horrible when somebody is shoving drink in your face and pushing you to join in. My best friend is still very fond of AL and denies I had a problem (she is adamant she hasn't a problem but I think otherwise) that means she offers me a drink every single time. I've managed to resist so far and will continue to.

It is hard to stick with it (getting a bit easier now) but you have to do it for you. You're doing brilliantly and doing a :goodjob:

Nothing beats getting up with a clear head

Sylv
                      AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

[QUOTE=Persephone1;1452499]Hello One, I'm very new to this site and sobriety in general. I apologize for not writing sooner, I read this thread when it began and the crappy comment on the heels of your (clearly) sincere need for support and I honestly didn't know what to say. I love what Kuya said, 'when life throws DooDoo...laugh and move on.' I'm glad you were able to do so. I was actually quite disturbed on your behalf and should have sent some kindness sooner. I was just taken aback, which I'm sure was the intention. It caused me to pause for a moment and wonder if this was a common occurrence on this forum, cuz if I wanna be called an asshole I will have some drinks and look in the mirror! Honestly, it's the only nasty comment I've seen and I'm sorry it was directed at you. But sadly, life and people aren't always kind and we have to learn to deal with this too.

I think it takes INCREDIBLE strength and determination to do this with someone else drinking in your home, particularly your intimate partner. It's great that you immediately came here, vented and asked for help. What a wonderful tool we have in this site as it's available 24/7. In closing, I just wanted to send you some love and support and encourage you to keep on climbin'! All the best...[/QUOTE

Phone1.....I hope you don't mind that I shortened your "name". Thanks so much for the kind words and support. No need to be disturbed on my behalf for DooDoo's comment and I have never ever had that happen to me here before, please don't let that 1 comment turn you off from this place. I love it here! Things are much better today as I have changed my attitude....I can't control the actions or lack of others actions but I can and will control mine. Which means I make the choice whether or not to drink.....I choose not to. If it gets to be too much I will find something else to do. I am determined! Thanks a bunch for the kind words and support.
                        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                        ~Author Unknown

Comment

To everyone else....I feel bad for DooDoo. We are all here on this earth to help each other. Perhaps she is projecting the ill feelings she may feel about herself onto others. In a weird way she kind of helped me with her comment....if had had drank last night I would have been calling myself an Ahole in the morning. But I didn't but it was a reminder of what could have been.
                          ~Author Unknown

Comment

One ....... You are a joy to read

Comment

Thanks Kuya....if it hadn't been for your words of wisdom when you called me out on not posting and checking in daily who knows where I would be.
                              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Oneredshoe;1452628 wrote: Thanks Kuya....if it hadn't been for your words of wisdom when you called me out on not posting and checking in daily who knows where I would be.
                                It makes a big difference venting here AND hearing others with the same problem......everyone is helped.

Before you would have drank.....felt ashamed and not come back for weeks or even months.

By bringing it here and laying it open you learn both humility ( we are all ONLY human) and self love and acceptance.

As Byrdie says ' protect your quit, no matter what, no matter who' and that includes spouses in denial.

Comment

Working...
                                X