Back from my brief trip to insanity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all I can't sleep so I thought I would post.
    Ya I blew four days AF over my anger at my ex.
    But some good did come out of it.
    There is a no contact order in place. Phone calls, emails and
    So on. I guess we had to have that final blow up
    To get to this place.
    I am disappointed in myself but I am not going
    To linger here in self pity.
    I now now I can go four days AF and that is a good
    Feeling to know.
    I did get in a 2.25 mile run yesterday before I opened
    The bottle of wine. I plan on running again today.
    So yes I am back from my brief drinking relapse and on to
    Start a day one again.

Thank you all for your concern and support.

Rednose :thanks:
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Good to see you back here Red.

I'm a runner too. Had a glorious run today along the beach. For me, running is good for the soul and my mental health.

Run on friend!

Break a leg.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

fresh start rednose

Comment

I'm coming out of a toxic relationship as well and it's a HUGE trigger for me. Good for you for not dwelling on the slip. It's always a really tough spot for me, to let it go and try again. Today is a new day, another chance! Dust off and keep climbing...All the best to you...
        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Today is Monday! The best day for new starts! You can do it!
          ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Good job coming back and starting anew. Now your job is to learn to live your life and deal with the shitty events that happen and the frustrations sober. That is a lot of what getting sober is all about. Not using your crutch but getting in the trenches and dealing with the dirt. You can do this.

Comment

:baaah::baaah::crazymonkey::crazymonkey::jumpwow: :goodjob:Exercise is sure to help! Being outside in nature is always so healing to me. It's the beginning of a whole new week and a chance to start over. Try to stay focused on the sober future that waits ahead!
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Good for you rednose! I too love to run. I haven't gone for a good run in a while, I have taken more to alternating walking and running with my puppy, whom I am trying like mad to teach her how NOT to pull on a leash. I agree fully with Hippyman there nothing more healing to me than being outside in nature. I love to walk at dusk, it seems to be a very magically healing time for me. I am a different person when I am out in nature. Hang in there and try not to dwell on the past, you don't live there anymore. Today is a new day, run with it!
                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                ~Author Unknown
                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Working...
                X