Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

public holiday in SA (21/03/2007)

Good day ladies & gentleman,

Today is my 9AF day! I had cravings last night (it doesn't help when people are drinking around you) - but I maintained, just a bit weary about this evening, as tomorrow is a public holiday in South Africa! So a good reason right? mmmm....TEMPTATION SUX!

Oh well, what to do, I will let you know the outcome alright, and thanks to all for sticking with me on line!
    Sorry this is a boring post, I am thinking of something inspiring to post still, okay.
    Later,

Mel

PS: Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    Mel:upset:

Hello daar...

Mel, CONGRATS! on the 9 days AF.

I know what you mean - I am also dreading today, I normally go out for drinks after work before a public holiday today I am going to the Milkylane to have a milk shake with a friend who does not drink - my problem is going to me Saturday when we play the Aussies cricket, I love my cricket and you know here in SA if it cricket or Rugby we cant watch without a Castle - in my case a Bells.

So we will catch up on Thursday or you can even give me a shout tomorrow if thing get tough - lets the two SA girls support each other ? I normally use the public holiday to nurse the hangover.

But you know we can do it - Tomorrow is a day we should enjoy our Heritage and do something out doors - not stay out of the sun because the head hurts.

Enjoy your day off - and be strong
    Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

well done mel,you can do that holiday day no problem. :goodjob:

Comment

so can you kim

Comment

Thanks guys!

Kimmy you sound just like me, but I am not going to lie, I probably am going to drink (I will try moderate) I am so confused...
          I will see, right now, my mind is just wanting booze!

Maybe I will be strong, or maybe I will just cut down...
          This is hard. I want to spend the day in the sun, and enjoy it without my head feeling like it is going to pop..
          I think I have just answered my question..talk about confused. I am not being much help am I?
          Mel:upset:

Comment

YEAH ON 9 days! Congrats

Have a great day off!
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Mel - great job on 9 days AF. I hope you will change your signature soon. I hate to see you shedding all of that water when you have done such a wonderful job of staying on track. You should be thrilled and proud. Good Luck on the holiday adventures. You can do it as it sounds like you have set your mind to it.
              :rays: mdb :rays:

Good at being AF. Not so good at Moderation.

Lots of work yet to do!

Comment

Melanie

Congrats on 9 days AF - how do you feel?

I know how you feel about the mixed messages in your brain!! are you taking anything for the cravings. Your brain will trick you into drinking, especially if you are weakening - I hate this bloody addiction it is so devious.

Good luck on whatever you decide - you know we will always be here!!

Love S

Comment

Survived the public holiday...

Hi Mel and fellow MWOters

Tuesday night was scary for me because as i have told you - normally the night before a public holiday I would drink and then have the holiday to recover - well I had made planes to go to a Ice cream "bar" with a friend so there was not tempting alcohol around, being only on day 4 AF and slipping the week before I was taking no chances - well we did not go to and Ice cream "bar" but a restaurant "Mugg and bean" supposable a coffee "bar" but one that sells booze. - I ONLY HAD A COFFEE MILKSHAKE - not the low fat type the real thing. The funny thing is (I know this well) if I was drinking I would normally have had a bottle but because I was only having my COFFEE MILKSHAKE I only had one - Funny that?

Yesterday was also great drank mango Juice all day, and spent the day with the family just chatting - I was Human Rights day - and boy was I good to this Human for once.
                  Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

Working...
                  X