Need Help Being Accountable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realized this weekend that I have an alcohol problem. My husband has mentioned it, my friends have mentioned it. It is only now that I am admitting to it.
    I NEED HELP.
    So today Monday 1/23/13, I am resolving to spend the next 30 days without drinking alcohol.
    Today is day one. I would very much like your help in being accountable.

:welcome: We'll be here by your side every step of the way. There are great ideas in the Tool Box thread that you can click at the bottom of my post. Read thru and design a sobriety plan. Stay close read and post often. I look forward to getting to know you.
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Welcome :welcome: HealthyLiving & congratulations on your decision to be AF!
      Go over to the Newbie's Nest... there's lots of support & fun.
      I'm sure there will be someone else popping in here right away to lead you over there.
      good luck to you!
      AF 6 years
      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

WELCOME!

Have you gone to see you doc? sometimes detox can be dangerous if done on your own.

Good Luck!
        If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Just to keep you accountable today is the 28th and not the 23rd.

Comment

yeah i thought i was trippin on the date!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hello heaalthy living
              welcome
              just keep coming here for help

Comment

Thanks so much already.

You're right. today is the 28th. No have not been to see a doctor yet. Too embarrassed and ashamed.

Comment

Hi HealthyLiving...welcome!

Don't be embarrassed and ashamed to go to your doctor, I guarantee that he/she has heard/seen way worse. In fact, my doctor commends me for coming clean and getting well. Taking care of your health and getting better is nothing to be ashamed about...lift your head up and walk in there and say "I am ready to get better...please help me!"

You may regret asking us to keep you accountable...we're pretty persistent! :H

Again...welcome!

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Good job finding us, HL. No need to be embarrassed here. And K9 is right - your doctor will probably be pleased to get you help.

Come over to the Newbie's Nest (link: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html) and tell us your story. The more info you can tell us about your drinking history and what brought you to your decision, the better we can advise and support you. I'm positive there will be many who can relate to your story. We have been there and we can help you through it.
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

K9Lover;1452591 wrote: Hi HealthyLiving...welcome!

Don't be embarrassed and ashamed to go to your doctor, I guarantee that he/she has heard/seen way worse. In fact, my doctor commends me for coming clean and getting well. Taking care of your health and getting better is nothing to be ashamed about...lift your head up and walk in there and say "I am ready to get better...please help me!"

Again...welcome!

K9
                      Mine did too! :welcome: Healthy Living in fact she really helped me and also wanted to know more about MWO and our program.

Take your time HL. We're not going anywhere. :l
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi Healthy Living, how are you? Please pop in and say HI

Comment

Okay Day 2. So far so good. I am trying to take it one day at a time. Thank you for all your help and support.

Comment

K9Lover;1452591 wrote: Hi HealthyLiving...welcome!

Again...welcome!

K9
                            i have to agree don't be embarrassed just keep going forward

Comment

Day three

Ok. this is day three. the end of day 2 was rough. but managed to get through it. Had sparkling water instead of tequila. Am worried about today. My husband, who has been so supportive, is working tonight. Not sure how I will get through the night alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X