Need Help Being Accountable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there be strong. Today is my first day well if I can make it thru the night sx far I'm feeling good about it but being home is a different story. Just gonna try to keep busy hopefully that will work. I still feel hungover from last night too

Comment

My husbands been so supportive. He threw away his beer (he drinks a different kind) because of how drunk and mean I was. Sometimes I wonder why he is with me

Comment

Getting through the night alone is easy. First get some sort of a workout in, then eat a meal and shower up, then read a book or watch some TV, or surf this forum and go to bed early.

I have been doing every night sober for over 2 years, it's simple, don't make it harder than it is.

Comment

Thanks so much for the tips. I will try to plan and keep to a schedule.

Comment

also face masks, nails, pampering, anything else girly may help it does me

Comment

Supercrew;1453648 wrote: Getting through the night alone is easy. First get some sort of a workout in, then eat a meal and shower up, then read a book or watch some TV, or surf this forum and go to bed early.

I have been doing every night sober for over 2 years, it's simple, don't make it harder than it is.
              That is my life too now, serene and easy and uncomplicated ......we do tend to over think everything.

Comment

overthinking it....that is SO TRUE
                Once I jump off the hamster wheel and have a couple of nights AF under my belt, I realize how much NICER it is to watch TV (and remember what I watched), read a book (impossible drunk) and go to bed early and actually SLEEP rather than pass out. It is really wonderful.
                I just won't anymore

Comment

I actually watced a whole movie last night instead of passing out on the couch. Amazing

Comment

Day 4

This is the beginning of day 4. thanks for all of your suggestions and help dealing with day 3. I had a great dinner, and watched tv. finally got to catch up with all of my favorite shows on Hulu.
                    again, thanks. i don't think i could have done it without this community.
                    I am going to try and get through day 4 in the same way. plan. plan. plan.

Comment

I'm so thankful to have this community everyone is so nice and understanding and helpful. And really know what it is like. Good luck today healthy

Comment

cathysgottastop;1454385 wrote: I'm so thankful to have this community everyone is so nice and understanding and helpful. And really know what it is like. Good luck today healthy
                        Stay with us. You can get and stay SOBER! This time 4 sure! :goodjob:
                        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

It's hard. I realized that I was drinking when I had to make hard phone calls, deal with disappointment, and address loss. so now that I no longer have the crutch of drinking...what do i do. the shame and disappointment is hitting harder than ever. I have a hard phone call coming up today. i don't know what to do.

Comment

it is hard,but we have to learn to do all the stuff normal people do to cope,after a few times of dealing with those hard situations sober itll get easier,i always had to have my liquid courage too,but its getting better
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Day 5 now. It's been hard. But I've done it. I postponed my difficult call until 11:00 this morning to deal with it. I didn't want to drink before or after it. Thank you everyone for being there for me. I really appreciate it.

Comment

You can do this. Thinks about how great it feels to BE STRONG. You can do this healthy!

Comment

Working...
                                X