Hello First post Very nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been lurking for ages! Well years actually, Bottle of wine a night girly,feel like poop most days. Wake with the worst and anxiety in the middle of the night to say never again, until wine o' clock comes around again and I cave! I had a massive health scare at the weekend, really thought it was a stroke or worst, this has been a wake up call for me. I am Fifty this year, have a great partner and a disabled son who really needs me and I want to be around to care for him.
    This is my day 3 by the way I really need your support.

Well, if you've been lurking, then you know there is nothing to be worried about. People here are supportive and non judgemental.

Dont fear giving up the AL because after a while, you will wonder why you ever even picked it up. It will take some time, some willpower, but it can be done.

Welcome aboard.....full steam ahead
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

:welcome: Nottoday :l

We are so glad you have found us! Congratulations on taking steps to take control of your drinking. Believe me, you are not alone and have nothing to be afraid of. Day 3 is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations!
      Have you ever visited the Newbies Nest? Its a great place for support for those just starting out.
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Hi Not!

We are very glad you're here and that you made your first post...it gets easier from here As Nelz said, we're a pretty friendly bunch, so please jump in and let us get to know you. We understand that quitting alcohol seems like an impossible task, but it's not. You CAN do this, and we can help! Stick close to us okay? We look forward to hearing much more from you!

K9

p.s. Congrats on day 3...keep up the good work!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thank You for your kind replies. Yes day 3 is huge for me, I have more day ones than I care to remember! When I was so ill on Sunday I really thought my number was up! lost my power of speech and thought my heart was going to explode, apparently it was anxiety attack caused by my dear friend AL!
          It was the kick up the backside I needed. Yes got all the sups and a hypnosis download on my iPod, Can't come clean with my GP because of my field of work Employers have access to my medical records, so This site is going very important to me for advice and support.

Comment

:welcome: from me, too, nottoday.

Please stay close the next couple of days for sure. It has always taken me about 4-5 days to get over the worst of the physical withdrawals. Drink lots of fluid, take your vitamins, eat well.

I, too, have more day ones than I care to remember, so I completely understand.

The Newbies Nest is a good thread to join. Lots of great information there for those just starting the journey to a good life.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Welcome! I'm glad you decided to post! Hope we won't disappoint you! .
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

It would appear that the speed reading course I took was to no avail.........I didnt see you already had 3 days.......:H that means I owe you your first star, and you are already halfway to your next one.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2041732=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

:welcome:

I spent so many mornings sweating it out and swearing at 3am "never again," only to be drinking at night. It's funny how a "scare" can set you straight. And it's evidence of the psychological addiction of alcohol. Congrats on Day 3 and welcome to MWO.

Comment

Stay close. Post and read lots. We're here for you. Together we can heal!!!
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hey Not!! Day 3 is HUGE in our world! This proves to yourself that it CAN be done...if you went yesterday without AL, you can do it today. (that's the way I look at it). As has been mentioned to you, please join us over in the Newbie's Nest, the link is in my signature line below. Go to the Last Page and that's the most current...also see the Tool Box..it contains 100's of tips and coping skills to help you. I was here a LONG time before I checked it out and then slapped myself with frustration! This woulda really helped! Duh, so now I highly recommend it. I was just saying over on another thread that I am so thankful to be sober...it's like having a second chance at life!! We are so glad you found us...jump right in!! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welcome nottoday to mwo read and read and post what ever you feel like,we have all/are being through it,give yourself a chance you deserve it.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thank you again for your support so much appreciated. Not feeling great tonight, blood pressure a bit high, nothing to worry about and a pounding head! Hopefully this will right it's self in a few days. Bloody Hell not surprised I've been pickled in Chardonnay for the last Thirty years. Off to check out the Tool Box and the Newbie's nest Thank you for the links Birdie.

Comment

Hi Nottoday, just want to say congratulations on your day 3 and send you some support. This place can work miracles if you put in some work yourself. So much good advice already. Anxiety, depression, moodiness and so many unpleasant things went away for me when I quit drinking (not right away, but over time). It's funny because I used those things, and "stress" as a reason to drink...Welcome, and please stick around!:welcome:
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Welcome
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                              X