Feeling bad after admittind drinking to GP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see how supportive this place is neney?told you so,please dont feel ashamed getting healthy is nothing to be ashamed about ever! keep us posted
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

go back and see your doc sweetie...follow his or her advice and get help.
      bewtween my docotr, my hubs , my kids and the worst hangover of my life, I gave up after about 5 years of abusing myself with a 12 pack of Bud Light every night
      You have nothing to be ashamed of......go read the thread called "You know you are an Alcoholic when...." and you will see some crazy stuff we have ALL done!!
      keep us posted ok?
      hugs
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Neney!

Welcome! You are NOT alone! I drank 12+ beers every night like MamaBear did...but I did it for at least a decade. I finally quit when drinking became harder than not drinking. Please stick close to us, we can help!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Dear neney, Doctors are just people. There are good ones and bad ones. She should have been more sensitive but she wasn't...What a shame. The shame is on HER! Alcoholism is a disease not a moral weakness. There are many ways to recover and you will find your own way. Don't ever give up! Some people just can not drink and we are those people. I am proud of you for taking steps to get help.
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

When I first went to my doctor last year, I was resolute that we were going to address this problem once and for all, and when I got in his office, I froze. It embarrassing to reveal to others something we perceive as a moral failing. At any rate, it's important that the blood tests be done to test your liver enzymes and see what, if any liver damage has taken place, and chart a course for your recovery. Having been on and off this ride several times, any short term embarrassment is worth the long term gain.

Comment

I remember feeling the exact same humiliation/shame etc when i walked into the hospital thinking i was having a heart attack through alcohol withdrawal. I felt like a leper and i wouldnt wish that feeling on anyone. Ive only just joined this site after AA failed and other things. Now im just starting on baclofen and dont mind telling anyone about my experiences. Im fed up of living a lie and isolating myself when i seem such a confident person to the outside world. I need to change my life and im not feeling shame anymore. Ive got three beautiful children who need me so if i have to suffer some humiliation by goin to the alcohol team once a week to check on my progress then so be it. There is 44,000 alcoholics in Liverpool alone (probably a lot more) that suffer because they didnt do the bravest thing you have done....sought advice and a will to change. Good luck, were both new and it aint going to be easy but its better than rattling in the morning!!!!!!! Best wishes to all on this site
              ?It's just a ride.?
              ― Bill Hicks

Comment

robbieL;1454998 wrote: I remember feeling the exact same humiliation/shame etc when i walked into the hospital thinking i was having a heart attack through alcohol withdrawal. I felt like a leper and i wouldnt wish that feeling on anyone. Ive only just joined this site after AA failed and other things. Now im just starting on baclofen and dont mind telling anyone about my experiences. Im fed up of living a lie and isolating myself when i seem such a confident person to the outside world. I need to change my life and im not feeling shame anymore. Ive got three beautiful children who need me so if i have to suffer some humiliation by goin to the alcohol team once a week to check on my progress then so be it. There is 44,000 alcoholics in Liverpool alone (probably a lot more) that suffer because they didnt do the bravest thing you have done....sought advice and a will to change. Good luck, were both new and it aint going to be easy but its better than rattling in the morning!!!!!!! Best wishes to all on this site
                Welcome Robbie and thanks for sharing your thoughts and support. The only way to the other side is to go through this. It's tough, but it gets better and it's worth it. I promise!

Comment

Hi Neney and welcome! :welcome:

The first doctor I admitted I had a AL problem to was very supportive. Then I had to move and found another one who actually listed in her bio that she delt with addictions. I told her I was here at MWO and trying to moderate with the goal eventually to quite. She looked right at me and said that she had many family member who had wrecked her and her sisters life with AL and so It was ridiculous for me not to JUST QUIT...

I walked out of there knowing that I had just met one of the biggest asses in medicine in quite some time. The problem wasn't me and my problem it was hers and her problem and I think the same is probably true of your experience. DR. X comes with their own shitty baggage and she should have NEVER dumped on you in any way: Do No Harm is a physicians first oath. If you walked out of there feeling unhelped and worse than before, she has done harm and is a crappy physician- plan and simple...:l

He's a good joke: What do you call the person who graduates at the bottom of their medical school class?

Doctor...

Dump yours, please:h
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Byrdlady;1454906 wrote: Neney....hop on over to the Newbie's Nest (link below) ...that's where I got the support and tools I needed to turn my life around!! We have folks in all stages of their quit! Also in in my signature line, find the link to the Tool Box. There are 100's of tips and coping skills to help you with those first challenging days! You have come a long way in a short time...you should be PROUD of yourself. Sober is the new drunk!!! Yay for us, right?? If I can do it, I know you can too!!! Byrdie
                    Thanks so much for you links and support, you are awesome.:thanks:

Comment

mama bear;1454926 wrote: go back and see your doc sweetie...follow his or her advice and get help.
                      bewtween my docotr, my hubs , my kids and the worst hangover of my life, I gave up after about 5 years of abusing myself with a 12 pack of Bud Light every night
                      You have nothing to be ashamed of......go read the thread called "You know you are an Alcoholic when...." and you will see some crazy stuff we have ALL done!!
                      keep us posted ok?
                      hugs
                      Thank you for you support!!!!:thanks:

Comment

I don't know if this will help. I just went through utter humiliation. My friend called me and told me to read The Four Agreements. the second agreement is: Don't take anything personally.
                        "If someone gives you an opinion, don't take it personally, because the truth is that this person is dealing with his or her own feelings, beliefs, and opinions. that person tried to send poison to you and if you take it personally, then you take that poison and it becomes yours. Taking things personally makes you easy prey. . . You eat all their emotional garbage, and now it becomes your garbage. but if you do not take it personally, you are immune in the middle of hell."
                        So just repeat to yourself: I take nothing personally.

Comment

Man I love "The Four Agreements"! Such a good book with such good messages! I suggest everyone read it!
                          :earth: Tree23

Comment

mama bear;1454926 wrote: go back and see your doc sweetie...follow his or her advice and get help.
                            keep us posted ok?
                            hugs
                            Thank you so much for your support. Loving this forum. Yah!!!:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                            X