Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting day six with a positive attitude.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning.

Wow I got great nights sleep. I had some weird dreams but woke up rested and feeling
    good that I have another AF day behind me.
    Without sounding cocky or over confident it feels like it is getting easier. I know I have this trip to Maine coming up and that is going to be a trigger but I am already letting people know that I am not drinking so it should not be an issue I hope.

I am actually surprised as to how many people say good for you for not drinking for a while. It is encouraging. Maybe somewhere on this path I can be of help to a friend or
    stranger and get them started on this path. I told my Niece about the site and she is going to check it out.
    Alcohol abuse has run rampant in my family for many years.

So here I go off on day 6 and going to love my dogs and see if I can be of service to anyone.

Have a great AF day..

rednose
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Hi Rednose
    I am on day Seven today, I have read your posts and I am cheering you on

A heavy drinking friend wanted to visit me last night, to be honest I panicked and knew it was to soon to be in her company, for sure she would have turned up with wine, even though she knows I'm not drinking! I made an excuse, so not to be in her company.

On a positive note, I was in the supermarket to day and found myself in the booze section now normally I'm like a kid in a candy shop, but and again I don't want to sound cocky, the impulse to buy my precious wine was not there! A small miracle for an big boozer like me.

Stay Positive

Notts xo

Comment

Congratulations to both of you.

I'm so glad to hear you both sounding so positive.

I'm only just starting day three so it's great to have some footsteps to follow in.
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good job to all of you!!!!!!!!!
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown
        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

So well done to you. Don't doubt yourself ....it gets easier by the minute, hour and day. By day five the physical is over more or less.

Now it is a mind game, keep reading and posting to see how this game is won and you will be fine.

:goodjob:

Comment

nottoday;1455525 wrote: Hi Rednose
            I am on day Seven today, I have read your posts and I am cheering you on

A heavy drinking friend wanted to visit me last night, to be honest I panicked and knew it was to soon to be in her company, for sure she would have turned up with wine, even though she knows I'm not drinking! I made an excuse, so not to be in her company.

On a positive note, I was in the supermarket to day and found myself in the booze section now normally I'm like a kid in a candy shop, but and again I don't want to sound cocky, the impulse to buy my precious wine was not there! A small miracle for an big boozer like me.

Stay Positive

Notts xo
            Congratulations. I know I don't even want to go down the wine isle anymore...:thanks:

Comment

kuya;1455720 wrote: So well done to you. Don't doubt yourself ....it gets easier by the minute, hour and day. By day five the physical is over more or less.

Now it is a mind game, keep reading and posting to see how this game is won and you will be fine.

:goodjob:
              Thank you Kuya you are great......:thanks:

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1455693 wrote: Congratulations to both of you.

I'm so glad to hear you both sounding so positive.

I'm only just starting day three so it's great to have some footsteps to follow in.
                Don't drink whatever you do, Eat well, rest, rest , rest and reach out to anyone who can help you. Day four tripped me up so be safe out there..:welcome:

Comment

rednose;1455731 wrote: Don't drink whatever you do, Eat well, rest, rest , rest and reach out to anyone who can help you. Day four tripped me up so be safe out there..:welcome:
                  Thanks so much rednose.
                  I'm very grateful to have someone ahead of me charting the course and pointing out the pitfalls!
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

I'm so happy for you Red! You are definitely over the worst of this. Like Kuya said, now the mind games begin. So much of this journey is psychological. I've probably said it to you before, but I strongly recommend reading the book Kick The Drink Easily by Jason Vale. He really addressed mind games and all of the ridiculous things we believe about drinking. It made a huge impression on the way I think about alcohol. Don't let your guard down. It's easy to do when things aren't so hard anymore. It's easy to think that you can handle one drink for a "special occasion." Don't fall for it, it's a lie.

Comment

FlyAway;1455768 wrote: I'm so happy for you Red! You are definitely over the worst of this. Like Kuya said, now the mind games begin. So much of this journey is psychological. I've probably said it to you before, but I strongly recommend reading the book Kick The Drink Easily by Jason Vale. He really addressed mind games and all of the ridiculous things we believe about drinking. It made a huge impression on the way I think about alcohol. Don't let your guard down. It's easy to do when things aren't so hard anymore. It's easy to think that you can handle one drink for a "special occasion." Don't fall for it, it's a lie.
                      Flyaway.
                      Thank you for the support and advise. I do feel so differant than I did 10 days ago when I started this journey. Sometimes I actually find myself thinking why the hell did I even drink. It made me feel like shit the next day, I was not a good partner, I did not take care of myself physically and I was miserable. I have no Idea how many times I woke up in the morning say please let me quit drinking today....

I will get the book and let you know what I think.

Thanks so much to you all. Never would be home on a Saturday night stone cold sober and feel good about it with out this site and all the wonderful people on here.
                      I feel like I have a chance to make myself useful to others once again...

rednose.

Comment

Rocking it red nose!

Keep on keeping on!
                        If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Working...
                        X