Would Like your opinion..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where wine is concerned, I would be nervous (of myself). Since I went AF there has been whiskey and Brandy in the house and I've never been tempted to take a sip but have ensured not to let wine into the house. My rule of thumb if I have visitors who want to drink wine is to bring their own. It might sound mean but I would also bring my own (AF wine) if visiting them so it cancels out. It's weird, I had this thought yesterday whether I would ever feel secure enough to trust myself around wine. I feel the answer will always be no.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

After what alcohol has done to me it is NOT WELCOME in my home!!!
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

For me, I would need to put the alcohol in a storage unit and hand-off the key to a passer-by who would walk away from me, never to be seen again. I have weak moments, still. Given half a chance, I would chug every last bottle. My brain is not yet totally healed. The day may come when I can stare alcohol in the face and not react: no emotion, no desire, no need. I'm not there yet...
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Mmmmmmmm tend to agree with the getting rid of it option. We only have wine/beer in for special occasions and then it's out of the house as soon as humanly possible usually the following day.

I used to work for a wine merchant. It may be an idea to give one a ring to see if the wine has any worth and then spend the cash on goodies for you.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I cannot keep white wine in the house. I don't know why, but I just can't get enough of the stuff once I start. But, as far as red wine, beer and hard liquor, I have no problem with it. HOWEVER, I do have a 16 year old boy in the house who is testing the boundaries. I know he hasn't gotten drunk yet, but why risk it? SO, I have all the liquor in a cabinet and I have taken these plastic things (I don't know what they are called) and have put them around the handles of the doors so you can't open the cabinet unless you cut the plastic things with very sharp scissors. I did this before I stopped this last time and now I am glad I did it. It is not that I am craving or anything. It is just that I want to stay sober SO MUCH that it just makes me feel better to know that in the event of some complete unanticipated meltdown, I will be accountable because I will have to cut the plastic things to get to the liquor. AND, it keeps my precious son and his friends from doing anything stupid (I was, after all, his age once and I do remember doing really stupid dangerous things with booze at his age)
            I just won't anymore

Comment

rednose;1456693 wrote: Tkanks I thought I would get some good opnion from you all.
              I really appreciate it.

rednose
              rednose - I'm not sure if you were looking for "good opinion" or a good reaction. In my mind, there is a difference. I don't believe you really need our opinions: your mind is made up. You can live with alcohol in your home.

However, I feel very protective of my fellow friends who are attempting to stay sober against all odds. To suggest that we can sleep with a case of wine as our bedfellow is... well, insensitive at least... dangerous at most.

How many AF days do you have? Are we to learn from you?

Yes, I am angry because alcohol nearly killed me and it has killed countless precious people. So, yes, sleep with your wine. And good luck with that!!
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
              X