5 Things No One Tells You About Quitting Drinking from cracked.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occasionally friends and colleagues will send me stuff from cracked.com, a humor site. Anyway, I came across this about quitting drinking and found it funny so I thought I'd share. I'd have shared it on the humor forum, but I'd actually like people to see it Be warned the humor is a bit crude and sophomoric.

5 Things Nobody Tells You About Quitting Drinking | Cracked.com

aihflvt;1457708 wrote: Occasionally friends and colleagues will send me stuff from cracked.com, a humor site. Anyway, I came across this about quitting drinking and found it funny so I thought I'd share. I'd have shared it on the humor forum, but I'd actually like people to see it Be warned the humor is a bit crude and sophomoric.

Love it. TO FUNNY...

rednose
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

It wouldn't be so funny were it not spot on.

Comment

Lol!!! I read this the day I quit! Don't ask me why but I found it comforting. As if I was now properly prepaired to go for it. So strange but I think about that article a lot. Thanks for posting it

Comment

i was reading about withdrawal a few weeks ago on google and this popped up,its funny and true!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

aihflvt;1457708 wrote: Occasionally friends and colleagues will send me stuff from cracked.com, a humor site. Anyway, I came across this about quitting drinking and found it funny so I thought I'd share. I'd have shared it on the humor forum, but I'd actually like people to see it Be warned the humor is a bit crude and sophomoric.

I was loving reading this and having a great laugh...most of it was SO TRUE! But....The last part about 90% relapsing no longer has to be a reality. New meds have made it so relapses can become a thing of the past. Now we have anti craving pharmaceuticals that can be used to help people in recovery HAVE real recovery... forever. Now there is a way to quite that compulsion and the research results are proving that it works! I believe that is the "Good News" that the world is slowing waking up to. It sure works for me and I believe I will stay sober...forever! :l
            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
            X