Wow I am on day 10.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I am on day 10.

Great job going for a walk; you need to let off some steam and redirect your energy/anger. Please check in and let us know you're okay. Drinking will not make this better. This is the "mind" part of recovery that is so hard. This is a test. You can do it.

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

By the way, you said, "Funny How fast things can change." What has changed? Everything is exactly the same except someone said some harsh things to you. Were you trying to get sober to get her back or were you trying to get sober for you? If it's for you and to improve your life, what she thinks doesn't matter. You are worth this for you and you alone.

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

FlyAway;1458344 wrote: By the way, you said, "Funny How fast things can change." What has changed? Everything is exactly the same except someone said some harsh things to you. Were you trying to get sober to get her back or were you trying to get sober for you? If it's for you and to improve your life, what she thinks doesn't matter. You are worth this for you and you alone.
        Flyaway,

No I was quiting for me for sure. It just set me off. Still feeling angry and hurt but this to shall pass.

Thanks for the check in

rednose:thanks:
        All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

HealthyLiving;1458325 wrote: Hang in there. Right now take care of your needs. Hungry....Go eat something. Lonely....keep checking in here. You have a community. Tired...go rest. Angry...you have a right to be...keep venting...it's ok. Just take a quick pause. It hurts now. But it will get better. I promise.
          Healthy

Thanks for the post. Still angry and hurt but I am not going to drink over it.

This to shall pass.

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

Hippyman;1458302 wrote: Nothing is so bad that a drink won't make it WORSE!
            Hippieman.

Cant say I feel great but still AF..... It was really hard on me for some reason.
            Guess I will get some help with this when I get back from my trip.

Thanks

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

Rednose......proud of you.

Of course you are hurt but I hear a glimmer of understanding in your voice. Boozing fucked this up for you, boozing ain't gonna unfuck it!

Get grown up, get sober, get on with life.

Good going on your ten days. Keep on trucking :h

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

Glass Half Empty;1458304 wrote: Rednose I know that situation is very hurtful and is pushing some major triggers right now but whatever you do, don't prove her right!

Whatever your mistakes were in the past you're not that person now so don't let her turn turn you back into it.

Look how far you've come in such a short time. The fact that you can recognise the triggers and act on them by going for a walk is a huge step.

Hippy is right - it will make things so much worse and do you really want to be starting day one again tomorrow?

Hang in there and keep posting if you need to. :h
                Glass,

Thanks for the support and advise. I am still really angry and hurt but I am still AF.

THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

Thank you for checking in. I'm so happy to hear that you didn't drink. You may have heard me say it before, but about 90% of getting sober is mental. Dealing with emotions and hardships and happiness and death. It runs the gamut and you'll experience it all. But you need to teach yourself how to deal with it all sober.

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

kuya;1458356 wrote: Rednose......proud of you.

Of course you are hurt but I hear a glimmer of understanding in your voice. Boozing fucked this up for you, boozing ain't gonna unfuck it!

Get grown up, get sober, get on with life.

Good going on your ten days. Keep on trucking :h
                    Thanks Kuya... I needed that.

Still AF...

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

So to you all.
                      All I can say is thank you to each and everyone of you who have supported me in getting to day 10 AF.
                      I am off to bed early in hopes of getting some sleep.
                      I have to be up at the butt crack of dawn so I need to rest.

I will be in touch in Maine. Not to sure about tomorrow because of the traveling.

Thanks for the support.

rednose :thanks::l:h

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

Hippyman;1457992 wrote: :l :goodjob: Adding another pearl to your beautiful sobriety necklace!
                        Thank you for the post and photo. it is beautiful.

Comment

Wow I am on day 10.

Hey Red! After day 7 I. Started have a similar exp, Trees23 thought you should see this as she too is in the same boat. So here you go and your definatly not alone

Orriginaly posted by Zenstyle

Pauly... what you experienced could very well be PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome). They told us at rehab that we could unexpectedly start to suffer withdrawals at any given time. They even said 30,60,90 days etc. was a common time for it to start up (no clue why...)

Here's a brief explanation from an article...

Post-Acute Withdrawal (PAWS)

There are two stages of withdrawal. The first stage is the acute stage, which usually lasts at most a few weeks. During this stage, you may experience physical withdrawal symptoms. But every drug is different, and every person is different.

The second stage of withdrawal is called the Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS). During this stage you'll have fewer physical symptoms, but more emotional and psychological withdrawal symptoms.

Post-acute withdrawal occurs because your brain chemistry is gradually returning to normal. As your brain improves the levels of your brain chemicals fluctuate as they approach the new equilibrium causing post-acute withdrawal symptoms.

Most people experience some post-acute withdrawal symptoms. Whereas in the acute stage of withdrawal every person is different, in post-acute withdrawal most people have the same symptoms.
                          The Symptoms of Post-Acute Withdrawal

The most common post-acute withdrawal symptoms are:

Mood swings
                          Anxiety
                          Irritability
                          Tiredness
                          Variable energy
                          Low enthusiasm
                          Variable concentration
                          Disturbed sleep

Post-acute withdrawal feels like a rollercoaster of symptoms. In the beginning, your symptoms will change minute to minute and hour to hour. Later as you recover further they will disappear for a few weeks or months only to return again. As you continue to recover the good stretches will get longer and longer. But the bad periods of post-acute withdrawal can be just as intense and last just as long.

Each post-acute withdrawal episode usually last for a few days. Once you've been in recovery for a while, you will find that each post-acute withdrawal episode usually lasts for a few days. There is no obvious trigger for most episodes. You will wake up one day feeling irritable and have low energy. If you hang on for just a few days, it will lift just as quickly as it started. After a while you'll develop confidence that you can get through post-acute withdrawal, because you'll know that each episode is time limited.

Post-acute withdrawal usually lasts for 2 years. This is one of the most important things you need to remember. If you're up for the challenge you can get though this. But if you think that post-acute withdrawal will only last for a few months, then you'll get caught off guard, and when you're disappointed you're more likely to relapse. (Reference: Addictions and Recovery.org - Relapse Prevention and Coping Skills)
                          How to Survive Post-Acute Withdrawal

Be patient. You can't hurry recovery. But you can get through it one day at a time. If you resent post-acute withdrawal, or try to bulldoze your way through it, you will become exhausted. And when you're exhausted you will think of using to escape.

Post-acute withdrawal symptoms are a sign that your brain is recovering. Therefore don't resent them. But remember, even after one year, you are still only half way there.

Go with the flow. Withdrawal symptoms are uncomfortable. But the more you resent them the worse they'll seem. You'll have lots of good days over the next two years. Enjoy them. You'll also have lots of bad days. On those days, don't try to do too much. Take care of yourself, focus on your recovery, and you'll get through this.

Practice self-care. Give yourself lots of little breaks over the next two years. Tell yourself "what I am doing is enough." Be good to yourself. That is what most addicts can't do, and that's what you must learn in recovery. Recovery is the opposite of addiction.

Sometimes you'll have little energy or enthusiasm for anything. Understand this and don't over book your life. Give yourself permission to focus on your recovery.

Post-acute withdrawal can be a trigger for relapse. You'll go for weeks without any withdrawal symptoms, and then one day you'll wake up and your withdrawal will hit you like a ton of bricks. You'll have slept badly. You'll be in a bad mood. Your energy will be low. And if you're not prepared for it, if you think that post-acute withdrawal only lasts for a few months, or if you think that you'll be different and it won't be as bad for you, then you'll get caught off guard. But if you know what to expect you can do this.

Being able to relax will help you through post-acute withdrawal. When you're tense you tend to dwell on your symptoms and make them worse. When you're relaxed it's easier to not get caught up in them. You aren't as triggered by your symptoms which means you're less likely to relapse.

Remember, every relapse, no matter how small undoes the gains your brain has made during recovery. Without abstinence everything will fall apart. With abstinence everything is possible. (Reference: Addictions and Recovery.org - Relapse Prevention and Coping Skills)

Comment

Working...
                          X