craving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

craving

Ok all, I know I don't post very often here, but I do read everyday, But today I am having a major craving out of nowhere. Nothing unusual has happened and I am trying my damdest to beat it. Just ironed the curtains in the living room and am now off to the store to buy a new flavor of tea. Really just wanted to write this to get it off my chest and hope it helps it go away. I am on antibiotics, and take Iron, multi vitiman,
    B12, C, and provera for well, you woman know. I don't want to add anything else pill form to my diet that will jack me up. Oh also have slightly high blood pressure and take a pill for that too. Any suggestions!
    Thanks for listening.
    Kdog
    Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

craving

Oh, Kdog- those cravings have been happening to me too. Really bad ones. Just hang on! You will be glad you did. Do NOT go to the store before you eat something. Eat a LOT, K dog. So much that you can't even think about drinking!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

craving

Chocolate, ice cream, good films,books and magazines. Good luck xxxx
      AF since 2nd Oct 2012
      Day by day

Comment

craving

Yes...EAT!
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

craving

same as above,dont drink on the antibiotic cuz it wont work if you do
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

craving

I too am white knuckling it. You can do this! Someone said...you will never wake up wishing you had drank...we need to keep thinking it.
            Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

craving

ive been thjnking about cravings lately,do we crave the taste of the alc,or the feeling it gives us?im to the point where if i think of the taste i wanna gag,when i think of the feeling,i remember how short it lasts,then drinking more to keep that feeling,then blacking out not fun anymore
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

craving

paulywogg;1459278 wrote: ive been thjnking about cravings lately,do we crave the taste of the alc,or the feeling it gives us?im to the point where if i think of the taste i wanna gag,when i think of the feeling,i remember how short it lasts,then drinking more to keep that feeling,then blacking out not fun anymore
                Awesome summary, Paulywogg! EXACTLY!!!

Comment

craving

Honeysoup;1459275 wrote: I too am white knuckling it. You can do this! Someone said...you will never wake up wishing you had drank...we need to keep thinking it.
                  I heard my "mantra" calling me! Here goes: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you drank the night before

If you can remember (and believe) those two things...you'll get through this!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

craving

kdog;1459253 wrote: Ok all, I know I don't post very often here, but I do read everyday, But today I am having a major craving out of nowhere. Nothing unusual has happened and I am trying my damdest to beat it. Just ironed the curtains in the living room and am now off to the store to buy a new flavor of tea. Really just wanted to write this to get it off my chest and hope it helps it go away. I am on antibiotics, and take Iron, multi vitiman,
                    B12, C, and provera for well, you woman know. I don't want to add anything else pill form to my diet that will jack me up. Oh also have slightly high blood pressure and take a pill for that too. Any suggestions!
                    Thanks for listening.
                    Kdog
                    L~Glutamine under the tongue works well for me. ps, I love the tea that Lipton makes called Pineapple Chamomile. Sounds strange but tastes great!
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

craving

Hope you are doing ok Kdog , had a strong craving earlier , but got through it , k9 , tks for your mantra , it helped a lot ,
                      Best of luck to everyone on a sober weekend
                      Still trying !!!
                      AF 25th June2014

Comment

craving

K9Lover;1459290 wrote: I heard my "mantra" calling me! Here goes: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you drank the night before

If you can remember (and believe) those two things...you'll get through this!
                        Thanks K9, I just quoted you on the newbies nest and couldn't remember who said it. That's a great mantra, I'm going to use it daily :thanks:

And Kdog, hang in there, we all know exactly how you feel.... I like to food suggestions others have made. Something sweet might do the trick?

Irish

Comment

craving

Cravings are triggered by hypoglycemia mostly. Diets
                          that balance blood sugars should keep cravings at bay.
                          I take green smoothies made from raw spinach, spirullina, raw
                          Broccoli and yoghurt and any fruit of you choice. A chug down
                          2 cups a day every morning. Not only do green smoothies alkaluze
                          the body but they provide all the necessary neuro transmittor s
                          desperately needed by an alkie brain. Spinach has folic acid,
                          magnesium, chlorophyll, zinc among other macro and micro nutrients.
                          Its a greep sleep aid due to its high magnesium content. Spirullina
                          contains more protein than most meat sources. Great natural
                          source if glutamine, glycine, tyrosine and other important
                          amino acids. Thankfully I never had to take anything as this
                          regimen as worked for me. Iam working on eliminating sugar
                          from the diet. If you have yeast overgrowth, your body can use
                          the sugars in the daily diet to continue to "brew" alcohol. This can
                          also lead to cravings. Exercise is also very very important . 30
                          minutes of intense cardio floods the brain with oxygen, endorphins
                          neurotransmitters. A free natural high.
                          Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

craving

Thank ypu all for your replies! Hippy I will try that tea. I have become a tea addict, but have not tried that one.No worrries on going to the store here, where I live they only sell 3.2% yuck! You have to go to a liquor store. I Just wonder if I add lglut to my list of pills will it affect me somehow?
                            Kdog
                            Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Working...
                            X