Can I Be Major Party Pooper Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Skootie, thanks for your post. I think a lot of us feel better that you realize the value of the committment of regular posters. I do not post as often as I mean to, but realize the value and committment of those who do, but listen always and carefully. The senior posters are absolutely committed to this site, and sometimes our newcomers have difficulty realizing that until they have been involved for a while it takes understanding and comprehension from our members who are voicing their heartfelt emotions through the challenges of alcohol.

All of us have different sizes of mountains to climb and we all want to support each other.

Judgement of posting numbers never occurs to the people who post. We just do.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

My 2cent worth, being a newbie myself - I understand your shock in the realization that the posting or the amount of posts get you to Senior Membership and not the quality of posts - but all posts are quality, it is peoples thoughts and feeling that are coming through - the Senior Members are the ones that the Newbies count on because they are always here - that is what we need - I have had replies like hug’s and just we are here for you. The word "We" is the one with meaning because I don’t think anyone here stands alone.

So Please come again and be part of a We – and Senior Members thank you and keep posting I need YOU.
      Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

AHHH-

Gotcha Skootie!

Sometimes you jump on the Congrats bandwagon I guess & get carried away! Around here-any congrats is good & welcomed congrats since all we've done is bash ourselves with drinking.
        Yeah, I've seen people hit Senior status in 2 months & seen people be here longer & barely make 500 posts. No biggy. Some people just choose/have the ability/have the time to particpate more than others.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Perhaps now that some have you have where I am coming from...

And again, this post was not meant to cause grief, but was an observation and a springboard for coming up with some good new ideas- like perhaps suggesting to RJ that they build in a One Year Anniversary celebration or status, or tracking the drink trackers who so faithfully confront their number- good or bad on a daily basis.... or have hit their goal... or some other ideas please!

Skendall, judging of those who do post alot is recognized, because as people do get closer to this 1000 number, there is encouragement and praise after.... When I started I went the achived boards to read, read and read, I really took a heavy interest in those with the title beacuse I "thought" Senior meant more than it did... I just think that newcomers, which is why I posted this on the I'm new section should know this information.... so nobody gets frustrated like me.

I need to also re-clarify is that just because someone can not write on this site everyday and feel that they just can't use one or two words or play games, etc, does NOT mean that they are not committment to this site. Six months in and I am more committed to this site more than ever....

Always needing the last word.... and more than one- LOL! Thanks for all the great feedback!

Skoots
          "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

:l :l :l :l

Sometimes you don't even need words......maybe just hugs!
            :h :h :h :h

Comment

Oh and Skootster, you didn't ruin my party or poop on it.:H
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

When I first posted on Saturday, it felt really good to have people welcome me, even if it was short and sweet ... just a few words of encouragement was enough. Now that I'm a "veteran" of 6 days, I'm drawn to more substantive posts and I find it a bit of a chore to slog through the simple "hellos" and "welcomes" to get to those meaty posts.

In the end, I'm not sure what the "best" approach is with respect to senior members. But as a person who's spent most of her life getting worked up about things that aren't really consequential, I've decided to forego judgement. This can definitely be argued either way.

Gee, do I sound like a politician?

Comment

Skootster - on this site the last word or even words - I think not! that is the beauty of this site there is alway someone there with a word or two - or even just a hug.
                  Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

Working...
                  X