Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHATS FIRST IN SURRENDERING TO ALCOHOL ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Gang,

First off, I am not a Doctor nor a Therapist. I speak from experience and speak from my heart.

Most of the time the alcoholic feels that whats the use in quitting now, the damage has been done and I'm here to tell everyone that it is never too late to quit drinking alcohol or quitting any kind of addiction for that matter.

This is what I have come up with that helped me to find the first thing in surrendering to alcohol and I hope some of these things will help you as well.

?Number one is that you MUST want to surrender to your addiction. This is the most important thing you have to decide, because if your don't want to surrender and only quitting drinking because you were asked to, you are wasting your time.

?Once that decision is made and hopefully you said yes I want to surrender, than next is preparing for your sobriety.

?Take a look at your life and the life of others that may be effected by your alcohol addiction. Just imagine how your life will be for not only for yourself, but your family as well.

?Put your mind into a positive attitude mode and tell yourself that you will be able to beat this addiction of yours.

?Getting out of the negative mood and thinking positive will indeed help you with overcoming your addiction.

?Many people may need Professional Help to become sober, so if you are one of those people please don't be embarrassed and ask for the help you need to surrender to your addiction.

?Tell yourself that nothing will stop you from achieving your goal to finding sobriety.

?Be totally excited about what you are about to do for yourself and your family.

?It's all in your mind and your mind is a powerful thing and you can train it in any fashion you wish, so train it to live a life of sobriety.

?Be the best you can and never ever give up. You had desire to start drinking and now get that desire to quit drinking alcohol.

Cheers,
    Marty!
    If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

This is great Marty. :thanks: I just hope the battle before the surrender isn't to long.

Comment

I am sure you will get there Wildflower, I have enjoyed reading your posts.
      If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Martye that's hitting the nail on the head! Attitude is everything in ALL things.

Comment

martye;1462421 wrote: I am sure you will get there Wildflower, I have enjoyed reading your posts.
          :thanks: Marty,

I've been sober a little while. I'm still working on other things to.

decided;1462468 wrote:
          Martye that's hitting the nail on the head! Attitude is everything in ALL things.
          So true decided. I have some friends & we keep ea other in check about our rants. Ten min. rant sessions & then adjust the attitude. I do believe it can be a healthy release when not over done.

I've been enjoying your posts to. Just can't keep up with everything at MWO. I have some friends taxes to finish up, or maybe tom am. I'm happy I still have some brain cells that are working well part time.

Comment

Hi wild I really like your idea with the 10 minute limit! Your right it is necisairy to get it out, the idea is not to cover up the problem but to find a constructive way to handle it. I usually don't need a ful 10 minutes as my inner rant is pretty damn intense. Haha! Lots of swearing and death threats go on up in here at times. I also have kickboxing as a regular outlet for the more heavily accumilated negativity. ( you'd be supprized at how motivated you get to leave the couch when you know your about to unleash without any negative concequence to your actions. Heh heh!

Sorry got side tracked...yes! About your 10 minute limit...negative thinking is like a natural and instinctive reaction it happens on its own, so making a habit of setting a limit then conciously re modeling your thought process and keeping it positive is a genious solution to a pain in the arse problem.

You just gave me something else to look into! Thanks luv

Comment

My youngest daughters BF's Mom & her BFF do kickboxing. They started out with zumba 1st. I do know exactly what you mean about wanting to kill someone upstairs in my head. I say feck em!... LMAO. I don't watch the news all the time.... Told my hubs who's a news junkie don't bother telling me..

I know I have no control over what others do or say, but sometimes I get passionate about certain things, or people. Don't most of us.

Go ahead & get side tracked any time Decided. Shite... I do... Lots of people do.. Who gives a rats ass what anyone thinks anyway.... It's your job to like you!... :h

My hubs watches UFC , football..... I won't tell anybody he was making cookies with me this past wknd. hahaha....

It's time to hang a punching bag in the garage.... It's been on my list. I like digging in the dirt outside....

Have fun kicking butt hun.

Comment

Great post martye and also wildflowers.

For me the first part of my battle against drinking was the acceptance that I had indeed got a problem,For years I knew I had one but always came up with excuses to justify my drinking.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                X