Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi, this is Daevid. New to the fourum. I was dry from 1997 to 2008. A moment of madness, someone had left a bottle of lager in the back of a courtesy car. i thought "one won't hurt", and I have been drinking since. Currenlty on 37.5 cl vodka daily, somtimes more. I'm mainly here for the Baclofen threads (started on 5mg tds last night). (The thought of 12 step makes me shudder.) Thanks for listening.
    ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Hello

Hi David,
    Congratulations on your 11 sober years. That's way more than most of us have on here.
    And it serves as salutary warning to any of us who might think of getting complacent.
    Your comment about 12 steps interests me. Can you elucidate on that at all?
    Cheers
    Kairos
    Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

Hello

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and welcome to the forums.

Continue to post as much as you can, we are all here to support each other!
      If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the welcome. No, I don't want to elucidate. If AA works for you, stick with it.
        ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Comment

Hello

:welcome: Daevid...have you checked out the Baclofen threads?

Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Comment

Hello

I'm not a member of any 12 step progam Daevid.
            I don't know anything about AA.
            I only wanted to know why 12 step programs make you shudder and I respect your right to keep your own counsel.
            Kairos
            Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

Hello

Daevid;1463128 wrote: Hi, this is Daevid. New to the fourum. I was dry from 1997 to 2008. A moment of madness, someone had left a bottle of lager in the back of a courtesy car. i thought "one won't hurt", and I have been drinking since. Currenlty on 37.5 cl vodka daily, somtimes more. I'm mainly here for the Baclofen threads (started on 5mg tds last night). (The thought of 12 step makes me shudder.) Thanks for listening.
              :welcome: I found my way out of the madness with Baclofen. I'm sure you'll feel the difference.
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
              X