Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to begin the journey

Hi all,
    I'm 56, and the alcoholic daughter of an alcoholic mother who died from her drinking when my daughter was one year old. That daughter is now expecting a baby and I want to be here for much longer than the next 5 years, so I am planning to begin my journey to sobriety. I am glad to find others like me who want to free themselves from addiction to alcohol (in my case, a bottle of sauvignon blanc every evening).
    Hi Muppet and Aussie Drinker! I live in OZ too, although I was born in South Africa and lived in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe).
    I am wishing us all strength and mutual support on our journeys!
    :thumbs:

Welcome, Talisman.:welcome:

Stick around, and you'll find all the support you need. Great people here.
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi Talisman and :welcome: to MWO.

This is doable and so worth it.

Be prepared to change your mind about alcohol. The only thing that makes you want to drink alcohol is drinking alcohol.

All the rest of the chatter you tell yourself is just the brain making excuses to drink.

Come on over to the newbies nest and settle in to get sober......you will love sobriety.....it is like having a whole new life again

Comment

Thanks, Juja. I appreciate the welcome!

Comment

Working...
        X