Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Time is a Charm...

Today is a new day one for me.
    I was here in 2007, did Topamax and the MWO supps, managed to moderate quite well for about a year. Slipped back into AL. Tried again with Bac in 2010, never hit the Switch, but got too much dizziness, so quit quitting. Found out my liver enzymes are up in late December. .. after which the Dr. said my eyes are jaundiced?. I can see it now. I then started taking Bac again, and am up to 85 mg/day, going slowly. I got the MWO starter pack again & L-Glutamine, have been listening to some of the hypo tapes, reread MWO and Dr OA?s book, and have been here reading a lot.
    I am so grateful for the MWO community & all of the cumulative info and support.:thanks:
    Figured I?d be best off to post now and then walk my talk?
    Be Well,

Jenn
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes....Marcel Proust

Third Time is a Charm...

Happy day 1! Keep posting, it helps a lot.

Comment

Third Time is a Charm...

Jenni, I'm considering talking to my doc about getting a prescription for Baclofen. I'm trying to weigh all the pros and cons before I pay for the office visit so I'd really like to hear about your experiences with it, the good the bad and the ugly.

Comment

Third Time is a Charm...

Thanks Decided!!
        So far, so good. Stopped in the grocery store & just bypassed the wine aisle.
        I am so grateful, the timing was perfect, got hit by a snow squall and just missed a car that shot across all 4 lanes of the road I was on from a side street as I was heading home....

Aihflvt,
        Thanks for your reply too.
        I can't tell you much more about Bac, I was up to 180 mg/day when I got too much vertigo to do my job, which was pretty physical then. I was increasing my dosage fairly fast, and still drinking. I weigh about 150, so was hoping to "hit the switch" soon, my dosage at 1 - 3 mg/kg could've been up to 204 mg/day according to info in Dr OA's book.
        There's so much info on Bac here! I wish you luck with your Dr. I never got a prescription, just ordered online overseas. Now I will go to Lo0p's Phoenix Research when I start to get low.
        Be Well,

Jenn
        The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes....Marcel Proust

Comment

Third Time is a Charm...

Hi Jenni

Good luck with day 1. Lots of support here. X
          AF since 2nd Oct 2012
          Day by day

Comment

Third Time is a Charm...

Welcome back. Best of lucky.
            Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Third Time is a Charm...

Thank you so much Mootsbill and lizker. I started posting in Newbies nest yesterday afternoon.
              This is from this morning....
              Good Sunday Morning to All!
              I was planning to post this yesterday, when I got word that my only sister left out of three is getting divorced because of her husband’s alcoholism. I also had to lend my knife with corkscrew to my niece when I took medications over for her dog…
              I DID NOT DRINK!!
              Last Straw, Thanks for the welcome! This IS a good place!
              Byrdlady, Thanks for your welcome and encouragement! I have been reading and copying several posts from the tool box. I may well print them or email them to myself so I can carry them
              around with me. Excellent and heartening info. I have been mostly a closet drinker the past 9 years, no one of my family and friends realizes or that I am seriously working on it. Yes, my life does depend on it!

Daisy, I agree! Lets make our intention a reality! Thanks for the well wishing & Congratulations on your 4 days AF.

Slay, Thanks for the encouragement & the hug!

jIMMYDAMMA, Thanks for the welcome! I searched ornithine aspartate, and a reasonable source, IMHO, is L-Ornithine powder & capsules.

Jenn

Comment

Third Time is a Charm...

:welcome:I'm so glad you are back Jenn. You can do it. You can get sober and stay sober. I KNOW YOU CAN! This time 4 sure!! :goodjob:
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Third Time is a Charm...

Hi Jennifire and all:
                  I too am back to try again. I successfully did moderation in 2009 - 2010 but have gradually increased, and am looking into Baclofen. In fact I tried to order it last week, but when I got confirmation they were sending "injectable" Bac instead of liquid I quickly cancelled. So I need some time/advice on the Bac thread. Just wanted to say hi and offer encourgement that we've done it before and we can do it again!
                  Fondly,
                  Ask

Comment

Third Time is a Charm...

Ask For Help;1464443 wrote: Hi Jennifire and all:
                    I too am back to try again. I successfully did moderation in 2009 - 2010 but have gradually increased, and am looking into Baclofen. In fact I tried to order it last week, but when I got confirmation they were sending "injectable" Bac instead of liquid I quickly cancelled. So I need some time/advice on the Bac thread. Just wanted to say hi and offer encourgement that we've done it before and we can do it again!
                    Fondly,
                    Ask
                    :welcome: I'm glad you are back. Baclofen saved me from killing myself with booze. I didn't have to power to stop drinking. Now with Bac, I do. :l
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                    X