Social anxiety and fcuked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, after a great AF start to the year, the only other single mum in my daughter's new school class invited me over last night for drinks and takeaway (we've previously had 1 lunch together is all). All good, and then she said other people were coming = stranger danger! So somehow, my idiotic brain let me drink an ENTIRE bottle of wine at super-speed as I got ready to go. All good to start with when I got there- I was funny, sociable, maybe almost "normal". And then I woke up in my bed this morning. And somehow lost my glasses, put a hole in my top and cut my shoulder up big-time, and pissed myself. Why can't I be "normal"?!!
    :upset:

Luce.....learning curve, my dear, you are an alcoholic, accept this and STOP DRINKING.

Diabetics can't eat what they want.

Blind people can't drive.

Paraplegics can't pole vault.

Short people can't reach the top shelf without steps.

Accept the thing you CANNOT change.... That is the way to peace :h

Comment

The NORMAL outcome of booze!

Lucelastic07;1463985 wrote: So, after a great AF start to the year, the only other single mum in my daughter's new school class invited me over last night for drinks and takeaway (we've previously had 1 lunch together is all). All good, and then she said other people were coming = stranger danger! So somehow, my idiotic brain let me drink an ENTIRE bottle of wine at super-speed as I got ready to go. All good to start with when I got there- I was funny, sociable, maybe almost "normal". And then I woke up in my bed this morning. And somehow lost my glasses, put a hole in my top and cut my shoulder up big-time, and pissed myself. Why can't I be "normal"?!!
      :upset:
      What your saying IS the normal outcome of booze! It would be abnormal if things ended up different! Sometime ago I met 5 French girls in the lobby of a hotel.. It was 15:00 and they were passing around 3 bottles of vodka drinking it straight. And I thought French girls only sipped wine and ate cheese! (I was sober at the time) they tried to suck me into it.. I did not bite! Their room was close to mine.. I saw them in the hallway at around 23:00.. 3 were laying on the floor! 2 covered in vomit! A third had some strange guy on top of her on the hallway couch, the last one was stumbling around nearly unconscious trying to wake the others up! Yes, Normal indeed!

Comment

It's not normal for normal people though is it, that's what I wish it could be. Oh I know, I've done AA and read and read and read, I'm very "enlightened" but still hope I'm the exception! Thing is, I've known since my mid-20s what I am, it's just such a struggle. And my social life is so minimal now as a 1-free-night-per-week single mum, I find it so hard to turn down offers cos I need to stay sober. But I really really do need to. I have no sociable plans now til 1st March so will try daily posting to help (if my phone ever comes back to life, otherwise will be weekends only!):upset:

Comment

Luce, let's say that 99% of problem drinkers/ALK can not go back to drinking normally. I won't say it's impossible just this time. So if you saw 99 people walking off the side of a cliff and all 99 died, would you take a step off that cliff?

If you are here, odds are you are on of us. It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing...we have a disease that has a cure!! It's a lot like being pregnant...you are or you aren't. Acceptance goes a long way to the cure!

We all WISH it weren't the case....but replace your wishbone with a backbone....it's the only way to fly!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Don't be Normal, be healthy!

Lucelastic07;1463995 wrote: It's not normal for normal people though is it, that's what I wish it could be. Oh I know, I've done AA and read and read and read, I'm very "enlightened" but still hope I'm the exception! Thing is, I've known since my mid-20s what I am, it's just such a struggle. And my social life is so minimal now as a 1-free-night-per-week single mum, I find it so hard to turn down offers cos I need to stay sober. But I really really do need to. I have no sociable plans now til 1st March so will try daily posting to help (if my phone ever comes back to life, otherwise will be weekends only!):upset:
            Well honestly, I'm new to this talking about it. But I'm not at all new to fighting it.. I been at war for many years! Even have had 2 years sober! But also had weeks of life disappear in a haze! I know for me when I really feel strong is when I'm really weak! Because I think I can take on the world and smash demons! Then you get your a** kicked! I don't want to try to be normal! I start to hear that word allot here.. I think it's a mistake.. Just be yourself and go where that takes you. Normal is not for everyone, many of us want to deviate from the norm! Just find a healthy way to do it!

Comment

kuya;1463987 wrote: Luce.....learning curve, my dear, you are an alcoholic, accept this and STOP DRINKING.

Diabetics can't eat what they want.

Blind people can't drive.

Paraplegics can't pole vault.

Short people can't reach the top shelf without steps.

Accept the thing you CANNOT change.... That is the way to peace :h
              so true....love it:h

Comment

Working...
              X