Cooking as a trigger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking as a trigger.

Yes please, Siren! Especially anything you have for quinoa, I'm very intereseted to try that. +1 on that meal, I was vicariously enjoying it!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Cooking as a trigger.

Mmmmmm....garlic butter scallops...yummy!
      Drinking while cooking is how I got myself into this mess with AL! I had so many years of preparing the family meals on my own, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, that I started to pour a glass of wine to make the chore more enjoyable ...and then eventually I kept adding another glass with dinner and then another while I had to clean up the kitchen on my own, then another when I could finally sit down and relax. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

What I've substituted is a glass of cranberry juice with either club soda or just water in my favourite wine glass. I also have a 1/2 tsp of powdered l-glut under my tongue before I start to cook. Has worked for me.

Comment

Cooking as a trigger.

I always have a small snack before I start cooking.....a handful of nuts usually and drink water. In the early days I used glutamine also.

Evening hunger was ALWAYS my trigger to drink.

Comment

Cooking as a trigger.

Pinecone;1466334 wrote: Yes please, Siren! Especially anything you have for quinoa, I'm very intereseted to try that. +1 on that meal, I was vicariously enjoying it!
          You'll love it. Cook it and serve it just like rice. I sometimes use chicken or veggie stock in place of water. It's very mild, so I wouldn't smother it in anything strong like soy sauce. It's yummy. And it's gluten-free and fairly high protein/low carb for a grain.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Cooking as a trigger.

I am quite the fan of firing up the b b que to cook me some meat. Not that I needed a trigger, but that was a MAJOR one.

I dont know that there will be any "set" time it will take to go away, but it will go away, as soon as you can get in the habit of not drinking.

Now I reach for the seltzer water and enjoy that just the same
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Cooking as a trigger.

Siren136;1466133 wrote: It's funny - I use cooking as a way to keep myself from thinking about drinking. You should see some of the stuff I do in the kitchen to occupy myself. Just last night I made my great-grandmother's vegetable soup from scratch, while also making quinoa, butter-garlic seared scallops, crab-stuffed mushroom caps, and grilling mussels and clams. It all turned out great, but there is no way I had any time to take a drink of anything - even water until it was done. Then I was too full to think about alcohol (and too tired to care).
              Hi, Siren

I am so eager for your recipes, I got the recipe thread started. I hope you'll share some of them!! I think the link in my signature should work. Please let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks,

NS

Comment

Working...
              X