Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start of day three.

Good morning all.
    Well I have 2 days behind me and am ready for day three.
    I feel better this morning than the last two that is for sure.
    I will be in touch often today.I have a list of things to get done and the house cleaner
    comes today so that will be nice to have the house clean.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement.

rednose. :thanks:
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Start of day three.

Oh, I wish I had a house cleaner! I did while my kids were growing up, but then she retired and I figured I could do it myself since it was just hubby and I .......then last year my daughter moved back home with her husband, and 2 large furry dogs, and then had a baby! I can't keep up!

Glad to hear you are feeling better today. Once you are finished with today, all the AL will be out of your system, so it will only get better!

Take care of yourself!

Comment

Start of day three.

Morning Red....I was looking for you.

Sounding much better today....the flight planning get together must have gone well.

Like New Day says Day 3 will see the last of the poison in your system.

Sounds like you have your plan for today, with a clean house to boot. :goodjob:

Will check in later....PPQP

Comment

Start of day three.

GO RED

Keep hanging in there, and I too wish I had a house cleaner! I just realized that Saturday is definitely rain all day so that's what I'll be doing.

Just keep adding up the days and you will see more clarity as time goes on.

So glad you are on a roll!

Comment

Start of day three.

Well Done on Getting Back on Track again

Good Afternoon Rednose

I am pretty new to MWO, but I have been following your struggle, so I just wanted to pop in to say: Well done for buckling down again and all the best of support and best wishes for this your DAY 3 – with all of MWO behind you – you will be able to do it – so looking forward to hearing your success story tomorrow!

PS – I wish I had a house cleaner, and..... I want to fly in your plane and go island hopping also! – Embrace everything you have and forget the Alcohol – it’s our worst enemy!

Thinking of you – have a lovely AF day/evening.

Snowflake
          If you don't know where you are going,
          you'll end up someplace else.

Comment

Start of day three.

Try to stay happy and try to stay busy!!!:yay::happy::wd::alf::applaud::alf:
            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Start of day three.

Well done Red :goodjob:

Glad you are feeling better

Adding a house cleaner onto my wish-list also!

Take care x

Comment

Start of day three.

New Day;1466550 wrote: Oh, I wish I had a house cleaner! I did while my kids were growing up, but then she retired and I figured I could do it myself since it was just hubby and I .......then last year my daughter moved back home with her husband, and 2 large furry dogs, and then had a baby! I can't keep up!

Glad to hear you are feeling better today. Once you are finished with today, all the AL will be out of your system, so it will only get better!

Take care of yourself!
                Get your self a house cleaner. you deserve one..... Think about all the money you have
                saved by not drinking. Maybe even once a month for a really deep clean..

rednose

Comment

Start of day three.

I think you all deserve house cleaners.

Would love to take anyone AF island hopping... But it is a small plane...

rednose

Comment

Start of day three.

Great Job Red! Today will be day 2 for me... I will check back with you on your progress!

Comment

Start of day three.

:goodjob: Red,

Hippys right...Stay busy and focused. Cookies & Cream ice cream is also critical....oh, and Netflix

:l
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Start of day three.

I am so much more productive AF.
                        I actually get things done. Amazing.

rednose

Comment

Start of day three.

rednose;1466574 wrote: Get your self a house cleaner. you deserve one..... Think about all the money you have
                          saved by not drinking. Maybe even once a month for a really deep clean..

rednose
                          Holy Moly! I could have a house cleaner, a gardener, a chauffeur, ... well, maybe not, but the added bonus of not wasting $ on AL sure is nice, isn't it?

It seems like you have AL cravings in the late afternoon/early evening, Red. That is the only time I am inclined to drink also. When I was drinking, if I hadn't done so by ~ 7 pm, I just didn't. And the thought of drinking was actually quite sickening (likely due to the previous evening's exploits!) until about 3 or 4 pm when The Voice would start murmuring...

Anyway, I thought I had posted yesterday in your thread but perhaps just previewed it without sending, asking whether you used L-glutamine. It reduces both sugar- and alcohol-cravings and has not been shown to be toxic in numerous studies. The trick is, the brain can metabolize it for energy. When the brain is happy, physical cravings don't develop, and we at least have a chance of standing up to AL! I bought it in powdered form at a health food store in the Body Builder section. I also bought a jar of the 50 mg capsules for when I am away from home between 3 and 7 pm!!

Anyway, good job on this quit, Rednose! Keep on keeping on.

Comment

Start of day three.

NoSugar;1466655 wrote: Holy Moly! I could have a house cleaner, a gardener, a chauffeur, ... well, maybe not, but the added bonus of not wasting $ on AL sure is nice, isn't it?

It seems like you have AL cravings in the late afternoon/early evening, Red. That is the only time I am inclined to drink also. When I was drinking, if I hadn't done so by ~ 7 pm, I just didn't. And the thought of drinking was actually quite sickening (likely due to the previous evening's exploits!) until about 3 or 4 pm when The Voice would start murmuring...

Anyway, I thought I had posted yesterday in your thread but perhaps just previewed it without sending, asking whether you used L-glutamine. It reduces both sugar- and alcohol-cravings and has not been shown to be toxic in numerous studies. The trick is, the brain can metabolize it for energy. When the brain is happy, physical cravings don't develop, and we at least have a chance of standing up to AL! I bought it in powdered form at a health food store in the Body Builder section. I also bought a jar of the 50 mg capsules for when I am away from home between 3 and 7 pm!!

Anyway, good job on this quit, Rednose! Keep on keeping on.
                            Great advice, just wanted to point out that supplemental glutamine
                            can actually cause ammonia toxicity in the brain for people
                            with kidney or liver disease. Is a common suggestion for
                            people to take it but most alcoholics have some form of
                            liver damage and shouldn't take L-glut without medical clearance.
                            Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Start of day three.

lizker;1466674 wrote: Great advice, just wanted to point out that supplemental glutamine
                              can actually cause ammonia toxicity in the brain for people
                              with kidney or liver disease. Is a common suggestion for
                              people to take it but most alcoholics have some form of
                              liver damage and shouldn't take L-glut without medical clearance.
                              Good point! Thanks for adding that, Lizker. I think everyone coming off AL (or actively drinking it!) would do well to get the liver and kidney function blood tests to see where they stand.
                              (I am walking the walk here and got my normal function results back just today).

-NS

Comment

Working...
                              X