Start of day three.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start of day three.

whitemarshmom;1466600 wrote: Great Job Red! Today will be day 2 for me... I will check back with you on your progress!
    Good Job White, Stay close and in touch.

rednose:thanks:
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Start of day three.

NoSugar;1466655 wrote: Holy Moly! I could have a house cleaner, a gardener, a chauffeur, ... well, maybe not, but the added bonus of not wasting $ on AL sure is nice, isn't it?

It seems like you have AL cravings in the late afternoon/early evening, Red. That is the only time I am inclined to drink also. When I was drinking, if I hadn't done so by ~ 7 pm, I just didn't. And the thought of drinking was actually quite sickening (likely due to the previous evening's exploits!) until about 3 or 4 pm when The Voice would start murmuring...

Anyway, I thought I had posted yesterday in your thread but perhaps just previewed it without sending, asking whether you used L-glutamine. It reduces both sugar- and alcohol-cravings and has not been shown to be toxic in numerous studies. The trick is, the brain can metabolize it for energy. When the brain is happy, physical cravings don't develop, and we at least have a chance of standing up to AL! I bought it in powdered form at a health food store in the Body Builder section. I also bought a jar of the 50 mg capsules for when I am away from home between 3 and 7 pm!!

Anyway, good job on this quit, Rednose! Keep on keeping on.
      No Sugar,

Thanks for the advise and support. Ya my time when I really would look for the bottle was around 2:30 pm. Then I never knew where it was going to lead me.

I will check with my Doc about the glutamine
      All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Start of day three.

NoSugar;1466694 wrote: Good point! Thanks for adding that, Lizker. I think everyone coming off AL (or actively drinking it!) would do well to get the liver and kidney function blood tests to see where they stand.
        (I am walking the walk here and got my normal function results back just today).

-NS
        Make sure No sugar, that the normal results don't provoke the thought 'oh, I'm ok then, maybe a little drink to celebrate the relief ' ..........cos I KNOW I did that. Never had elevated liver enzymes, even when I felt REALLY ill.

By the time they are elevated REAL damage has been done, could be years, could be weeks before the liver says 'no more ! '

Comment

Start of day three.

Go the Ranga!

That is all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Start of day three.

Guitarista;1466740 wrote: Go the Ranga!

That is all.
            That's all that's needed

Red - :goodjob:

Comment

Start of day three.

kuya;1466735 wrote: Make sure No sugar, that the normal results don't provoke the thought 'oh, I'm ok then, maybe a little drink to celebrate the relief ' ..........cos I KNOW I did that. Never had elevated liver enzymes, even when I felt REALLY ill.

By the time they are elevated REAL damage has been done, could be years, could be weeks before the liver says 'no more ! '
              Kuya, Thanks for reminding me to avoid the 'I'm ok, what is the big deal? I don't really have a problem' attitude that I have struggled with a few times over the last month. I think that is my weakest link in all of this. I have to keep reminding myself what my life as a drinker really was like. It already doesn't seem quite real or that it was me. It is frankly amazing just how rose-colored our glasses can become in just a short amount of time!!!

You are so good at putting our heads where they need to be! Thanks for getting to me before I screwed up (and boy would I be furious with myself if I tanked on day 29!!!).

- NS

Comment

Working...
              X