Wanting to drink right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not going to find anything good at the bottom of that bottle, Reddy. And you know that, right? The only way to get through this pain is to go through it sober and come out on the other side of it a stronger man.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Thought I'd have a look and see if you've posted....hope you're ok. :l

I'll be looking for that Day 4 thread in the morning....PPQP

Comment

Rednose,

I got an idea for you. Dont f****ken drink The pain will still be there when you sober up. What are you going to do? Stay drunk the rest of your life so you dont have to deal with the pain?

Deal with the pain sober and it will go away. Deal with the pain drunk and the pain will never go away.

I drank for 15 years to "deal" with stuff - Friends committing suicide, parents dying in car crashes, death of child, wife cheated on me, divorce, I lost my job 3 days ago and have $0 money to my name. What I found out when I got sober is that those things still happened!

If you drink your ex has still done what she has done. It won’t change anything. Take a good hard honest look at yourself and STOP finding excuses to drink. There will always be a reason to drink unless you commit yourself not to drink!
        If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Hope you're OK Red. Drinking will put the pain to sleep, for now. Then you sober up and its still there and you're feeling like shit trying to deal with it. It was only when I came here I realised I've spent years drinking "at" stuff instead of dealing with it. Try staying sober for say 3 months and if you don't feel better you can always drink again, but why not give the sober road a go first.

Take care and be kind to yourself.
          AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Working...
          X