Debunking the Myth: Why the glamorization of alcohol is a LIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advertising is a sneaky beast....yes, I too thought I was completely independent from that crap. But no, I am as deluded as the next guy/gal.....but it is nice to be deluded sober because then at least I can recognize when it is happening......
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Blossom, I did the same with AF sparkling wine! I even got excited popping the cork! In fact, I panicked (for just split second) when I realised I'd finished a full bottle on a work night - then remembered it was AF
      Interesting story: An ex work colleague recently emailed me and asked if we could meet up some evening for a drink. I replied that it would be nice and we should catch up. He then replied and said that the 'beer' was on him and I replied saying I would be having soft drinks (minerals) as I don't drink alcohol now. His reply to me was 'Never mind so, I will find another drinking buddy for that evening. We can meet for lunch sometime maybe'.
      I was a bit :O

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

moni;1479475 wrote: Blossom, I did the same with AF sparkling wine! I even got excited popping the cork! In fact, I panicked (for just split second) when I realised I'd finished a full bottle on a work night - then remembered it was AF
        Interesting story: An ex work colleague recently emailed me and asked if we could meet up some evening for a drink. I replied that it would be nice and we should catch up. He then replied and said that the 'beer' was on him and I replied saying I would be having soft drinks (minerals) as I don't drink alcohol now. His reply to me was 'Never mind so, I will find another drinking buddy for that evening. We can meet for lunch sometime maybe'.
        I was a bit :O
        Moni:

He really wrote that back to you!? Wow!

That's just so...sad... :upset:

Maybe you can nudge him our way.
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1479507 wrote: Moni:

He really wrote that back to you!? Wow!

That's just so...sad... :upset:

Maybe you can nudge him our way.
          Yes, it drives me crazy that apparently you're not any fun if you don't drink.
          Or maybe he was hoping to get me drunk and get his leg over!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Moni,

That guy is an ASSHOLE. You should write him back and say "On second thought, no thanks! I'll pass on lunch too" That's what I would do...then again I've been known to be quite bitchy...hehehehehe. :H
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Yeah, I just don't get it 'So I'm not going to drink alcohol with you therefore I don't qualify to be in your company'.
              I still reckon his intentions weren't honourable. Something did happen between us at one point. He was engaged then and told me he was leaving her for me. He's married to her now with a child but keeps claiming that he's not happy.
              Gee, why did I always attract the assholes!

Comment

Moni, I bet you a million bucks that he has a drinking problem. That's why he doesn't want to meet you if you don't drink. He doesn't want you to see him get tipsy AND he can't cross the line with you because you will be totally aware of what is going on!!
                Skip lunch with Mr unhappily married with a child but won't go out with you unless you are drinking.

The Glamorization of Alcohol. How many times do you see shirts or posts on Facebook that tell you to drink if you are angry, sad, unhappy, tired, stressed etc.
                Ya, sure, I will drink because I am stressed out and then I will keep drinking until I black out and fall down the stairs and shit my pants. Beautiful! So Glamorous!

NO THANKS!!
                That whole Kathy Lee Gifford thing is so frustrating. We have to use our own minds and see that kind of propaganda for what it really is: Bullshit!

I like this thread. Thanks NS for pointing it out.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Add - a lot of embarrassment : I will never forget this - we were coming back from vacation and it was a slight delay in the flight - we went to the bar next to the gate and I got hammered! We upgraded tickets to first class - so I am sure we had some drinks before the departure - I don't remember any of that. I remember waking up after landing with puke on my chest and white jeans. Lovely. I had to walk like that out of the plane to the area where people were waiting for arrived relatives/friends. This was so embarrassing.
                  AF since 10/20/2013
                  Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                  Meat free since 09/20/2008
                  ---------------------------------------
                  With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

"That whole Kathy Lee Gifford thing is so frustrating" narilly what did I miss???
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                    X