triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

triggers

I so relate to that. Here it is 8:00 Am on a beautiful morning I just got a call for a job interview was so excited I thougt of having a drink. It hurts my heart the thought of all the good things I have denied myself responsive to. Im glad I discovered this place yesterday, because I logged on instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!

Comment

triggers

we all relate to each other and thats the beauty of this wonderfull site wether your happy or sad we all bond we all have the same problem and its great instead of hitting the sauce or striking oil we can log on and share and speak to each other and it stops us from temptation ive had a few bad days recently what couldve triggered me off but being on here gave me the inner strength to fight the demons i luv yas all:l keep on posting luv mitch ps how you going paula hope things fine:l
      Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

triggers

well done Mitch!
        and a big welcome to Kim25
        be well everyone, and TGIF!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

triggers

Hey Morrison I totally relate to that. when I feel good about something, had some good news, or a great day, I immediately want to celebrate with booze. It inevitably ends in disaster or the least a hellish morning after the night before! Well nearly always. Sometimes I'm lucky.

Try and look out for other signs that trigger you off. You may not be aware of them right now but slowly analyse yourself and you will notice a pattern. Emotional situations trigger me off very quickly and I think the only way to handle this is to BLOCK these moments out instantly. We all block issues out when we want to so I'm trying to use that ability in my favour. Its the instance that a situation upsets me that triggers me. When the danger of binge drinking has subsided you can look back at that particular situation and access it with a clear, sober mind. Most of the time when u look back at the situation that triggered you, you'll realise that it was infact not worth the bother. Anyway just my thoughts on the subject.
          A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

triggers

Hi Kim25 :welcome:

You have come to a very good place xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

triggers

Kate7173

" comfortably numb "

Yes exactly.

But then next day I am " uncomfortably numb" ( numb as in doped brain)

work suffers.

I wish I could find this "off switch" that others have found.

I have 10 days AF and think I have found it. Have a drink and wham. back to square one.

I am definitely numb.
              Enough is enough

Comment

triggers

Mitch96,

I think that now the weekend is approaching that is wise of you to mention triggers. I have a tendancy to ignore what triggers me and then realize when it was to late what really caused me to drink. I will definately be aware this weekend.

Jacy

Comment

triggers

Triggers for me are mainly that drive home from work, and that warm feeling that soon you'll be opening that bottle of wine. Or a hard day in the garden and around 4pm suddenly from nowhere this pang arrives, I always think shit, and I was really getting things done. I'll just sneak inside and have one mouthful, that'll do the trick, half an hour later too late.
                  Cooking a meal that I put so much effort into and never remember eating it.
                  The worst for me is my husband having one of his tantrums and shouting, and calling me names so loud in my face that it hurts my ears. I reach for the bottle as soon as he's left the room. Usually when he trys to talk later he's almost lost his voice, and I just think serves you right you bastard.
                  Alisonxx

Comment

triggers

5pm.

That's it. Even as a kid I can remember my family just starts going toward the kitchen at 5pm. That is cocktail hour. Always has been, always will be.

But as you know...it is always 5pm somewhere in the world!
                    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

triggers

Hee...hee....my family did the same DidItForMe...the "cocktail hour" turned into many hours of Dad getting drunk and then lecturing us for hours....have to say it was awful. Mum used to pour us each a little vermouth over ice to make it less painful. God Bless my dear Dad. He died 11 years ago this July and thankfully we were able to "make up" in the last five years of his life and...he was sober. I love him no matter what but sometimes when I am around family (such as I am this weekend in CA) I start to remember memories that were not so pleasant. This weekend is a big test...hope I can remain sober. Suddenly out of nowhere having some doubts. A Grey Goose with tonic over ice with a twist is sounding so tempting. My sister and her husband won't let me drink so that is a good thing (I think)

Got to run...love,
                      Laci

Comment

Working...
                      X