No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi to all MWO's
    Never done anything forum stuff before, but am on day 1 after 30+years of drinking,
    am finding many interesting and inspirational stories from other members.
    Live down Under for your info, wish me luck!

Good evening Johno60.....welcome. Get saddled up for the journey of a life time that you will never regret. You should hop on over to the newbies nest and introduce yourself.
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Well come John and congratulations on making a decision
      to start the journey. Great site, lots of encouragement and
      help from people who have actually been in the same shoes.
      We are all in different stages of recovery. Support is available
      at all levels.
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Hiya Johno,

:welcome: to MWO, 'tis a great & supportive site, so glad you joined us. There is a link to the Newbie's Nest (where lots of people visit frequently throughout the day/night) and a link to the Toolbox (lots of helpful tips when you're struggling/tempted) Below ~ or you can post anywhere else you like. Settle in and make yourself comfy :l

All the Best, P
        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Hello Johno, I am from downunder as well. 100kms out of Melb. Welcome to MWO. You will find there are many wonderful people from around the globe who are only to willing to offer advice and encouragement. I have been struggling lately,so have decided to get more active on MWO. Maybe we can support each other.:welcome::welcome:

Comment

Hey Johno; welcome. Let your new life start here! Newbies Nest, read, post, read, post! All the best!!!
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone, couldn't follow the link for toolbox and newbie nest Persephone1 but will try again, i'm in Latrobe Valley Boozer (great aussie user name) went for a run and a few exercises
              and 3 bottles of water & No Beer tonight.
              Cheers,

Comment

Welcome Johno!! Well done on your Day 1!!! All of our quits have started with D1!! I hang out mostly in the Newbie's Nest....it's a great place to be! Hope to see you there shortly! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello Johno, How was the battle today? I have just finished work and having a coffee. The cravings for AL is there but not to bad. I know as the week goes fwd the cravings will intensify. Thats my normal pattern and the rest is history. So I intend to put together a plan to deal with AL when he comes tapping my shoulder. let us know how you are doing.

Comment

Johno Welcome - Congratulations on your first day!!! keep coming back these folks are the most wonderful people and they really know what they are talking about.

If you need something just say and they will provide it. There really is power in coming together!
                    See you tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Johno......

I find that exercise is the way forward....Def helps to keep you busy and you'll get fit at the same time

Keep busy.....This is a great place..you'll find lots of support here...even just reading other peoples stories.... Good Luck

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html = Tool Box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html = Newbie's Nest
                        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Aussie also

Hi Johno,
                          Melbourne girl here just joined today... Don't get how to do the newbie nest either! No doubt we will learn in time. Wishing you the best it seems like a great site to help us
                          Maibaby

Comment

Maibaby, Newbie Nest is a thread posted in this section. It's right below this one today but here is the link:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...261-30074.html

Cheers, LJ

Comment

Hey Johno,
                              How are you ? Just a note to let you know I am thinking about you and quietly cheering you on
                              Maibaby

Comment

Working...
                              X