Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from UK

Hi all,

I have been drinking too much for many years. Not always vast amounts, but never in control. Last month I somehow got to the point where I was drinking 2 bottles of wine a night. I actually stopped drinking because it was making me feel very sick. I have also been taking aspirin daily for medical reasons, and I suspect the combination of aspirin and alcohol caused the sickness.

Anyway, I have been stopped now for over a week. I have managed to stop before, but I always end up starting again after a week or so and always find the slippery slope again.

I have no desire to start drinking again this time, but I do feel in need of a bit of support to help me sustain my abstinence long term.

I have a palpitating heart symptom, which I have had checked out before and put down to the drinking. I find this is still happening even though I have stopped. Does anyone know how long It will take for this to go?

I also find myself a bit irritable, and clumsy. Is this normal and how long before things improve?

Thanks

CB

Hi from UK

Hi Chillibird,
    You came to the right place. Check out the newbie's nest. You will find a wealth of information and loving support.

Glad to see you here. I can't be much help to answer your questions, but if you check back often, someone will show up.

-S-

Comment

Hi from UK

ChilliBird;1469181 wrote: Hi all,

I have been drinking too much for many years. Not always vast amounts, but never in control. Last month I somehow got to the point where I was drinking 2 bottles of wine a night. I actually stopped drinking because it was making me feel very sick. I have also been taking aspirin daily for medical reasons, and I suspect the combination of aspirin and alcohol caused the sickness.

Anyway, I have been stopped now for over a week. I have managed to stop before, but I always end up starting again after a week or so and always find the slippery slope again.

I have no desire to start drinking again this time, but I do feel in need of a bit of support to help me sustain my abstinence long term.

I have a palpitating heart symptom, which I have had checked out before and put down to the drinking. I find this is still happening even though I have stopped. Does anyone know how long It will take for this to go?

I also find myself a bit irritable, and clumsy. Is this normal and how long before things improve?

Thanks

CB
      Hi, CB

Welcome to MWO! Since you are new, maybe you could head over to the Newbies Nest. It is a thread where there are people at all stages of getting off alcohol, including some experienced people who might be able to help you about the heart issue or point you in the right direction to find an answer. There also is a Toolbox thread full of tips for success.

This is a great place to be for help solving this problem -- everyone here knows what you are talking about!

See you in the Nest!

- NS

Comment

Hi from UK

Hi Chillibird and :welcome:

Welcome, you've definately come to a great place. As laststraw and nosugar say head to the newbies nest where you'll get lots of support and advice for the early days

Read around too, there are plenty of threads which offer some form of insight into what we are going through.

Regarding the heart symptom it would do no harm to visit your GP and get it checked out.

Comment

Working...
        X