No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I am an alcoholic and by myself I am on day three of no alcohol but knew today was going to be bad so got naltrexone script from my doctor this morning
    I'm pretty scared about taking it cos he did not do a liver test as it says to do. I also am hopping between Mmmm icy cold beer and look ahead to when this won't happen!
    Any ideas?
    Maibaby

Maibaby;1469875 wrote: Hi,
    I am an alcoholic and by myself I am on day three of no alcohol but knew today was going to be bad so got naltrexone script from my doctor this morning
    I'm pretty scared about taking it cos he did not do a liver test as it says to do. I also am hopping between Mmmm icy cold beer and look ahead to when this won't happen!
    Any ideas?
    Maibaby
    Welcome!

Head on over to the Newbie Nest, Mailbaby. The link is in my signature. You will find people at all stages of getting off alcohol with some right about where you are. You can receive advice and support, ask questions, or just read and read. If you post, it will give us the chance to know you. There also is a toolbox thread with many helpful tips.

Hope to see you in the nest!

-NS

Comment

Thanks NS will do
      Maibaby

Comment

Think I am doing something wrong I keep losing where I have written...wrote in newbies nest but cant see it now

Comment

maibaby your post is there in the newbies nest on the last page: (click on link below)

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...261-30074.html

Comment

Maibaby, I took Naltroxone with out a Liver Test and had know problems. I also took AB without a Liver Test. Good Luck. You could allways ask your GP for advice.

Comment

Welcome maibaby, 3 days is good you are doing well. Keep posting for support x
              AF since 2nd Oct 2012
              Day by day

Comment

The newbies nest moves VERY fast, you will have to keep up on it regularly.

Welcome aboard, you may be alone in real time life, but I can promise you there are plenty of cyber friends here who understand exactly what you are going through. The more you post, ask questions, and contribute, the more you will get out of this board.

And you've already earned your first accomplishment reward for getting past day one.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2065489=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Mai, the liver test is a simple blood test and they can fax over the request to any lab so you can have it drawn or you can swing by your docs office and grab it and go have the blood drawn.

Don't gave in to that mmmm cold beer thought, TRUST me I did in November and had a horrible time stopping again. I am a beer drinker, almost daily and up to a case a day. ;(

I made three days and caved and am back on Day one. This time, I have the tools in place that I will use. I am spending this morning cooking healthy food, I have the all one powder to take for nutrition, I am sipping lemon water because someone said it helps to alkanize our bodies. I am taking milk thistle for my liver and I actually have topamax, but because I was boozing, I didn't take it...DUMB on my end.

I have been hiding it from my boyfriend, my kids, everyone. I would sneak down to the basement to do laundry...man all those trips down there, I could have washed the whole neighborhood's laundry!

Because I had a HUGE bender last night, today is really crappy. I dumped all the beer I had left and tossed all the cans...just seeing that miller lite can would trigger my urge and I would let it take over. I woke up today feeling awful and said this is it. My problem with my head is it always seems to take over and convince me that I can have a couple..NO I CANNOT...I have a problem and I need to be completely AF. I am using the boards for support and because I did it over the summer, I know I can do it again.

You made Day 3...That's a huge accomplishment. My day 3 will be on Thursday and I have to work that day..it will be so nice to do it sober and not hung over. On Friday, I will go to my boyfriends house, he does not drink, and spend the weekend there...topamax in tow.

We are all here for support. Have a great AF day.:l

Comment

HEY MAI

Any ideas? OF COURSE we have ideas! And lots of them LOL!

Day 3 is terrific! Hang in there and you have come to the right place.

The very best idea would be DO NOT DRINK. I know it is hard, and I guess most here would say to create a plan. I know the Newbies Nest will be a great help to you!

Hang in there and I wish you the strength and determination to succeed!

Comment

Hi Mai!

I'm glad to see you posted over in the Newbies Nest. We are glad you've found us. There is LOTS of support, encouragement and love around here. Don't be shy, we don't bite (too hard...lol). Again...WELCOME!!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks guys....have written in Newbies about stuffing up yesterday....got off my computer bad move..just saw these posts this morning and want to cry about the day 1 reward...it would have helped me alot to see that last night...will have to earn it again
                        Maibaby

Comment

Working...
                        X