Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a new day has begun

hello community...

I am on day 1 of getting control of my life...I am sitting alone in a hotel room trying to make sense of why I have so many difficulties with my drinking . My world has started to unravel and I must keep clean and sober for the sake of my sanity , my children and my wonderful husband..

I am a binge drinker and have had this battle for more than 20 years. My father was an alcoholic along with 4 of my brothers and my twin sister......I am looking forward to this new life of sobriety and welcome any words of encouragement

Columbia:new:
    You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

a new day has begun

Welcome! Check out the "Newbies Nest" and "Newbies Nest Roll Call" for great support and encouragement. You can do this.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

a new day has begun

Welcome Columbia!
      You are in the right place! We've all been where you are so we understand. Join us over in the Newbies Nest, there are people in all stages of recovery there. I'm glad you're here!
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

a new day has begun

Welcome Columbia! I was a binge drinker too so you are not alone. Hope to see you over in Newbies Nest. I am also new to the site along with a lot of other folks who are all here to support one another. It's an amazing place.

Cheers, LJ

Comment

a new day has begun

Hey, Columbia,

Welcome. Mwo is a perfect place to be. I thought I was traveling down the road alone and I have so much help from the folks here! Hang tough--it does get better!

kronkcarr

Comment

a new day has begun

Welcome! A binge drinker here as well. Congratulations on Day 1. Keep reading the posts here. It has helped me through many a tough nights.

Comment

a new day has begun

Welcome to my way out. You will find lots of great support here xx
              AF since 2nd Oct 2012
              Day by day

Comment

a new day has begun

Columbia, welcome - hope your day 1 went ok!
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

a new day has begun

Hi Columbia,
                  I am also new....go to Newbies Nest I have had more support in a couple of days by wonderful strangers than you could ever believe! This MWO is just the best!!!
                  Maibaby

Comment

a new day has begun

Hi Columbia and welcome!

How are you going there? Well done on tackiling day 1 and deciding to take back your precious life.

Have you read our toolbox?

Click on the link below and read, read, read. Lot's of useful and inspiring info.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best wishes on your journey.

G'day Maibaby. A huge welcome to you too.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

a new day has begun

:welcome: Columbia,

You have found an amazing place of support and resources at MWO. There are plenty of people who can relate, truly. Please make yourself comfy & Welcome to your new life :l

All the best, P :h
                      "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

a new day has begun

Hi Columbia are you still ok?
                        Maibaby

Comment

a new day has begun

hi everyone.......

thanks so much for the words of welcome and encouragement.............just found the toolbox....it is incredible................i will keep in touch........day 5.........

columbia
                          You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

a new day has begun

well.......today is my 52 birthday and i am determined to make this year count.......and to remember ALL of it...........on day 6 ..........my emotions are running wild today...from remorse , to embarassement to joy and to gratitude........whats going on..........

columbia.......

Comment

a new day has begun

Thanks everyone..........

I am starting to get a bit more familiar on this site......love the toolbox...........its going to be a good day...........keeping my emotions in check.......and working on forgiving myself........one day at a time................

day 6 and still motivated for change and self discovery

have a beautiful sunday....its a choice......................

Comment

Working...
                              X