Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Gratitude Jar

Welcome to our new thread!

A few of us newbies (myself, Oneredshoe, and Icanwithoutacan) thought it would be a great idea to create a thread where members can count, pile up, post and generally amass a load of daily thanks and blessings.

Many of us are trying to find our way out of some pretty dark places and we thought how lovely would it be to generate some light and love.

So, let's all think about filling up this new empty jar with as many fireflies, juicy strawberries or whatever small blessings
    we can muster up.

My twinklers for the day:

1. Finding my way to MWO and making so many wonderful new friends.
    2. 5 days alcohol free
    3. Freshly ground coffee beans and juicy mangos
    4. The promise of a 7 day moon :moon:
    5. CRYSTAL SUPER COMPUTERS!!!!! (DimensionDrifter, who rocked
    my dream world)

:h:h:l:h:l LJ

A Gratitude Jar

I love this idea & :thanks:

I am sincerely grateful today for:

My daughter ~ she is my most favorite human, EVER!
    MWO Community: loving, brave & gracious souls
    Gift of yet another New Chapter and the ability to choose a life free of alcohol and cigs
    Another sober day & hangover~free morning
    Comfy home on the Lake & Means to provide for myself
    Holistic Health/Alternative Therapies available for the taking
    Fresh Coffee!
    The GREATEST ARTIST OF ALL TIME: Mother Nature

All the best, P :l
    "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

I am grateful for...

Good Morning All.

Today I am grateful for;

Being awakened with morning snuggle time, kisses and earlobe nibbles from my Maggie

For being a part of the wonderful MY Way Out community

Another morning hangover free

My Friday morning Starbucks run accompanied with my Maggie

The smile on my husbands face when I surprised him with his favorite iced tea and lemon cake from Starbucks

Receiving an email from a dear friend whom I have lost touch with over the past year

I am grateful to be regaining energy and health with the help of my alternative Doctor

For Slays sharing the pictures of her chinchilla as well as the joy and comfort he has brought her

I hope everyone has a blessed day! Find the joy and beauty in your life, no matter how big or how small, there is always something to be grateful for. P.S. I am grateful for the color pink, it is my favorite color.
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

I am grateful for......

I am grateful that Kuya is back!
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

Kuya is Back!!!! YEAH!!!!

I SECOND THAT! YEAH!

Snowflake
          AF Day 19
          If you don't know where you are going,
          you'll end up someplace else.

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

I have lots of strawberries and fireflies these days

1. My loving and supportive husband who just didn't get it until I sat him down and laid it all out for him....now he "sort of" gets it but supports me no matter what
            2. My wonderful boys...I think they know what is going on....but I also feel their love for me every day
            3. This WONDERFUL site...it is helpful to me beyond words
            4. AA meetings....I take bits and pieces from each meeting that help a lot and throw away the rest....and I have met some amazing sober women
            5. My HEALTH.....nothing is more important
            6. I think I finally get it. I think I finally know that I really can't drink anymore.
            7. To all the nesters - you guys are the best....so completely supportive!!! I don't know if it is because I am more ready this time or if it is something else, but the present group is so helpful to me....i really connect with you all whereas in the past I did not (because i wasnt' ready?)

I could go on and on and on...feeling so lucky and blessed!
            I just won't anymore

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

I am thankful for:

after being gone a week, having this the FIRST thread I opened and finding just what I needed;
              after seven months of trying to "moderate" (who was I kidding?) finally realizing that I can't;
              having a loving husband who is willing to back me, go to doctor's appointments with me, and do what ever it takes to help me kick this beast;
              a warm puppy on my lap;
              and today - my first day on my way to not drinking - being a pretty day, snow-free, so I can go for a bike ride with my guy and celebrate.
              Thank you!

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

Congrats on your day 1 nonamegirl! Your husband sounds great and that warm little puppy too.

I like reading about what everyone is grateful for. Keep them coming folks!

Today I am grateful for hot strong coffee and 10 glorious hours of make up sleep.

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

I am grateful for;

Waking up to snuggles, kisses and earlobe nibbles from my Maggie

Receiving many many kisses from dogs at playtime

For having the house all to myself tonight

For some yummy coffee

Finding some old self confidence and some new

For being able to dance like a rock star while not cleaning my house
                  ~Author Unknown

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

Oneredshoe;1471717 wrote: For being able to dance like a rock star while not cleaning my house
                    Love it!

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

Imminent Spring!
                      Life without Alcohol and Cigs
                      Critters!
                      Warm & fuzzy jammies
                      My step-momma & sisters
                      Hot coco
                      Books!
                      My new spring/summer home on the lake & family close by
                      You fine folks who create a gratitude thread!
                      and bubble baths! :bath2:

Hope you're all having a wonderful sober weekend! xoxo, P
                      "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

Persephone1;1471766 wrote: Imminent Spring!
                        Life without Alcohol and Cigs
                        Critters!
                        Warm & fuzzy jammies
                        My step-momma & sisters
                        Hot coco
                        Books!
                        My new spring/summer home on the lake & family close by
                        You fine folks who create a gratitude thread!
                        and bubble baths! :bath2:

Hope you're all having a wonderful sober weekend! xoxo, P
                        Hey Persephone1......any tips for quitting the smoking? I have quit them before with the help of chantix, which is an awful drug that made me very ill, like almost vomit ill every time I took it, the side effects scared the poop out of me. I prefer a more natural approach to health, which is so idiotic that I smoke to begin with. I will reach my 30 days alcohol free on the 5th of March and feel as though it should be time to quit the cigs as well. Any natural supplements that you might suggest?
                        ~Author Unknown

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

Hello OneRedShoe,

I started smoking again 7 - 8 years ago, when I started drinking...figures. They seem to go hand in hand. I've also heard crazy things about Chantix, my mom tried it years ago and said she had suicidal ideations. Yikes!

I moved back to my hometown about a year ago to care for my mom who was dying of cancer related to smoking and drinking for 50+ years. Witnessing her pain and listening to her say how much she regretted smoking all those years KNOWING she could have prevented her illness pretty much did it for me. After quitting the alcohol I became really aware of my body and the damaging effects of the smokes, like Ultra-Aware and it kind of frightened me. It's been about 10 days without the cigs (I think) and I honestly don't miss it at all, was just ready to walk away.

I will check into supplements and report back to ya though. I have heard that hypnosis works, albeit expensive. But cigs are very expensive, so well worth the investment! I hope you can leave them in the dust too, they're just terrible for you.

BTW, congrats! on upcoming 30 days...WONDERFUL YOU!

All the best, P

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

I am grateful for my two wonderful dogs. There is Obi, my chocolate lab who is full of wisdom and love and then there is my boxer, Tyson. He is much younger than Obi but the poor thing has been sick from the start (we rescued him 2 years ago.) Tyson is not bright at all but in the most adorable way. THey gave him 6 months after diagnosed with cancer...he is still with us over a year later!

both give me unconditional love no matter what and they both make me laugh!!!
                            I can't believe someone didn't want them!!
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

A Gratitude Jar

This morning I am grateful for:
                              a rainy soft day to hunker down and rest;
                              waking up without regrets about last night;
                              knowing that I have a community like you to help me through when the going gets tough;
                              reading the paper with my lovely husband, drinking coffee, quiet talks.
                              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X