I'm done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm done

Good for you wakingup. I turn into a loud, boring, non-stop talking, crying, aggressively argumentative nomal person!!!! Just a fun gal to be with!!!

Comment

I'm done

Wakingup .... I so rememer the golf cart story. Good to see you back ...

Comment

I'm done

LOL! Thank you all so much for your replies and support ... it truly has been quite a year.

The Reader's Digest version is: my husband and his friends were playing golf last year, Saturday March 25. It was a lovely day (much like today is!) and so I thought I would go out and join them, and just ride along in the cart. We were just starting the back nine when and were going from the fairway back to the cart path but there was a little dip before the sidewalk started. I think hubby was going too fast (although at the time, it didn't seem like it) and we hit the bump. I bounced out, landed on my right hip, and the back tire ran over my left leg. I was a little dazed but got right up. We looked down and my left foot that should have been pointing forward was actually pointing at about the 9:00 position. I'm not a doctor but I could tell it wasn't right! LOL! Well, so could hubby and his friends. We took the cart back to the clubhouse then got me into the truck and went to the hospital. I don't remember the trip.

I do remember, however, that when we got to the first hospital I was in major pain. They had to cut my jeans off of me (my favorite jeans, of course) and started doing tests. I had a broken ankle bone, dislocated many bones inside, and the tendons were torn away from the bone due to the dislocation. I was transferred via ambulance from that hospital to another one where I was wheeled straight into surgery. They got me put back together, lined up the bones and inserted a humongous screw thru them. I stayed in the hospital a few days and then went home.

Funny thing is though that I had found MWO the day before. I visited the site, read a lot, and then that night (Friday) we went to dinner and I was trying to tell my husband about it and why I was searching for such a place as this. He didn't get it, because he doesn't have that "out of control" tendency that I do.

After I got home from the hospital the next week, this was the first place I came too. Thank God for wireless internet and laptops, because I spent the next month totally bedridden. I had that month of forced sobriety and ... get this, I was so smug. I just knew I had the problem licked! I didn't have one drop to drink because (a) I couldn't go drive to go get anything and (b) nobody else would either. Of course, I wouldn't have dared ask anyone to.

Looking back, I think I made it thru only because I had a huge supply of painkillers. I guess substituting one pacifier for another was what got me thru the month. I went along for a while and slowly fell back into the old habits, especially after being released to go back to work and getting off the painkillers.

That's it in the proverbial nutshell. I'm not doing horribly, but recognize that I could drink less at times. And so that's what my goal is.
        Kathy

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Comment

I'm done

You're lucky you weren't riding in the golf cart with my son. He is such a golf nut, he would have insisted on finishing the back nine before taking me to the hospital!!:H
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
          X