X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I did not make it through day 8.

OUCH!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

I spent some time on the threads for the moderators about a year or so ago. I did not see any success stories.
      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

OUCH what?
        This ain't FaceBook, Rednose is in the fight of his life and I want to help him out of this hell.

I think there are 2 sure signs of Alcoholism. One is when you try to stop and realize you can't....the other is when you decide to moderate. Long term moderation (IMO) is an agonozing lifeboat that we cling to when the ship is going down. What is long term? What is moderation? PLUS, every one I read says 'well I went over my limit, but I'll try harder next time...." Good luck with that. Even the moderators don't agree on what moderation is. It doesn't work if you ask me, and God knows I TRIED!! The only people who can moderate are the ones who don't know they are doing it.

We are discussing this over on the 100 Day thread. Admitting it is MOST of the battle!!! Being an ALK is NOT the worst thing there is, being DEAD is!!!!

I'm not going to help you be a better drinker, I'm going to try and help you stop this cycle. It ain't going nowhere, as you can see....take our hand, and let us help you up!!! It's a bitter pill, but it's better than the alternative. You can do this!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

I understand

Hey rednose
          I know what you're going through. I just recently finishing one month AF and ruined it by going on a stupid binge Yesterday I drank not too much though. I kept throwing the drinks down the drain I have no alcohol in the house and I'm determined to have it stay that way My boyfriend and I plan on moving in together,hopefully before the end of the year. He's been very supportive through our year together I think I'll reward him by staying sober . Today is my day one again good luck rednose you can make it

Comment

Believing you can control your drinking only proves that you under its spell.
            Alcohol creates an illusion that we somehow are getting some type of benefit when we drink it.
            Benefits: it relaxes us, it makes us happy, it gives us confidence, it's refreshing, it's healthy, etc.
            Excuses: I am a social drinker, I only drink after 4pm, or 7pm, I can handle it, etc.
            Let me make something clear to you, there are no benefits to drinking, none whatsoever.
            Alcohol is an ADDICTIVE substance which if consumed in huge amounts becomes deadly.
            When alcohol becomes a problem in your life, in other words, when you become a problem drinker and you continue drinking despite all the signs that you should stop, if you don't stop, it will kill you.
            But the good news is, if you don't drink for a while, say 3-4 weeks, and you get informed, get educated, when you understand all the myths and tricks about alcohol, you will never see AL the same way and you can begin the process of restoring your life, getting your confidence back, etc.
            Why is it so dam difficult to quit? Because we are addicted, that's why. Can addictions be cured? Sure!!
            Sure they can. How is life without alcohol? Sober life is so much better than being drunk all the time.
            Sober life is normal, with its ups and downs, happy and sad moments, you know, normal!
            Why am I here? Because I want to "forget" about alcohol, I will be here until alcohol does not matter to me anymore, I don't know how long that will take, maybe years, who knows. I've only been sober for 9 weeks.

Comment

BOUNCE!

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
              -George S. Patton

Comment

hey red,we gotta stop these thoughts or we'll never get better,so what if we can only have one or two,its always gonna escalate
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Moderation for me is just keeping the obsession alive and being a slave to toxins. I tried so many times to keep things in control , over and over, nothing ever changes it will always lead back to the hangovers and boring old bs that goes with it. Early days and cravings are hard, but you gotta grind through this period to get to a place where you will have a chance at long term sobriety, anything that is so good is not easy to achieve . It's been said a 1000 times, things get better the further you go. Moderating for someone who has drink issues or knows themselves they are an alcoholic is just a complete waste of time, death by a 1000 cuts prolonged torture. Don't keep the obsession alive alcoHELL , kill it .

The simplicity and freedom from being liberated from this ridiculous drug is worth the early struggle.

Sober is cool, sober is rebellious.
                  Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

Day 1 , done .

Comment

Hi Caz! I see you're new to MWO :welcome:

Great job on Day 1! I'd like to hear your story, if you'd like to tell it. Please hang around a while and get to know us. We can help you slay this beast.

Fly on over to the Newbie's Nest. Go back a couple (dozen) pages and read up on all of us. There are members in various stages of their quit, both long time AFers and newbs like me. It's really cozy and warm in the Nest and it's a great place to start this journey.

Here's the link: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html
                      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

how are you red?
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I've tried to moderate, usually I do really well for a few weeks and then its just one more to blackout town and I find out Ive done something horrible.

Comment

Working...
                          X